M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-31-2022, 03:27 PM   #45
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I got word this morning that my order has been completed.
who did you get the news from? I sent email to them, and their response was "Thank you for touching base. No update as of writing this email. We have a company meeting this Thursday and I'm betting we'll have the release announcement then. Stay tuned to the website for the latest updates on your oil cooler.
Thank you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks,

Damien Kutny
Mishimoto Automotive
302.762.4501"
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 11:42 AM   #46
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
Quote:
who did you get the news from? I sent email to them, and their response was "Thank you for touching base. No update as of writing this email. We have a company meeting this Thursday and I'm betting we'll have the release announcement then. Stay tuned to the website for the latest updates on your oil cooler.
Thank you.

Thanks,

Damien Kutny
Mishimoto Automotive
302.762.4501"
They sent me an email about the item coming back into stock and needed my CC again since I do not save my card number on websites.

I just checked the status and have not seen any change so I will reach back out to them on Monday.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 01:19 PM   #47
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.

Thanks,

Damien Kutny
Mishimoto Automotive
302.762.4501"
They sent me an email about the item coming back into stock and needed my CC again since I do not save my card number on websites.

I just checked the status and have not seen any change so I will reach back out to them on Monday.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.

Thanks,

Damien Kutny
Mishimoto Automotive
302.762.4501"

Last night got tracking number. Should be here today so I will post some pictures once I open it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 02:11 PM   #48
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.

Thanks,

Damien Kutny
Mishimoto Automotive
302.762.4501"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.

Thanks,

Damien Kutny
Mishimoto Automotive
302.762.4501"

Last night got tracking number. Should be here today so I will post some pictures once I open it.
Fantastic!
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 07:27 PM   #49
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Too lazy to open it today but will review it tomorrow!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-04-2022, 09:55 PM   #50
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Too lazy to own it today but will review it tomorrow!
Ugh, ya lucky dog! I still don't have tracking on mine and was hoping to get this done before I had to deploy again. Looking like I'll have to wait 3 months to install mine.

All is not lost though I got my @ RKAutowerks diff brace installed this week by @ Midnite_tuning largo, Fl. I am now ready for some burnouts and donuts. I also worked with my son on his 99 Ford F-250 super duty. We replaced his exhaust manifolds and up pipes with a set that hD been coated by swaintech. We have about 4 more hours of work tomorrow before we can go out and get ride his truck hard.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 10:12 PM   #51
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
It will sit in the box probably for couple of months too. Need to decide if I want to swap it now or wait for an oil change before I do it. Only have few hundred miles in the oil.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 07:43 AM   #52
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It will sit in the box probably for couple of months too. Need to decide if I want to swap it now or wait for an oil change before I do it. Only have few hundred miles in the oil.
I totally get that with gas and oil prices being what they are. Plus I hate to waste things. In fact much of the metal we take off our cars goes to a recycler and we compost for our garden. I'm pretty close on my oil so the moment I get mine my car is going up on stands, if I am here when it arrives..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 11:04 PM   #53
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
My oil cooler arrived shortly after I departed for work. Sadly I won't see my car or home for about 2 1/2 months. It will be getting installed straight away upon my return. My son texted me some pix and it looked very nice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5_Raz514.00
      06-16-2022, 11:23 PM   #54
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

After installing this, how much oil goes in the car when you do an oil change?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 11:30 PM   #55
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
IIRC it was an additional quart. I didn't get to see the install paperwork but I seem to recall it being close to our just over a qt.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 11:41 PM   #56
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Interesting. I'm assuming that checking the oil should work the same as before, right?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 11:45 PM   #57
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
The additional oil is helpful but the biggest benefit is the increase area for cooling.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 11:48 PM   #58
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
Interesting. I'm assuming that checking the oil should work the same as before, right?
I think so but I have not researched how bmw is checking oil level. It is a homework assignment that I do plan on completing prior to the swap. My concern is that I don't want to end up with a false low oil level.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 10:29 PM   #59
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
This is looking good!, mine is still in the box, eventually will replace it before my track day
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2022, 11:10 PM   #60
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is looking good!, mine is still in the box, eventually will replace it before my track day
Please let us know how much oil you end up filling it with.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 03:21 PM   #61
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 - '21 F90 M5

I can test it out for you while you are gone. make sure its working and stuff.
2021 M5 Motegi Red- Stock
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2022, 10:53 AM   #62
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droner View Post
I can test it out for you while you are gone. make sure its working and stuff.
Community support, this is why we do this
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 09:13 PM   #63
Shellbrook76
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Manual Competition

I had my rod bearings go in May, I live in Dallas so took it to RKAutowerks. I track the car and exhaustively looked for ways to cool the engine and ordered the Mishimoto oil cooler. RK installed it for me when they did the engine (I also had them put in the CSF charge coolers).

On the track before the new parts, oil would max out at 270 F. That may seem hot, but the oil cooler thermostat doesn’t even start to open until 212F. I couldn’t find where the F10 oil cooler thermostat is fully open, but on the F90, its 293 so likely close.

I’m in the break in period for my new engine but plan on tracking with all the new goods at the end of July. I’ll update with the temperatures.
Appreciate 1
crazyinp296.00
      06-27-2022, 09:52 PM   #64
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellbrook76 View Post
I had my rod bearings go in May, I live in Dallas so took it to RKAutowerks. I track the car and exhaustively looked for ways to cool the engine and ordered the Mishimoto oil cooler. RK installed it for me when they did the engine (I also had them put in the CSF charge coolers).

On the track before the new parts, oil would max out at 270 F. That may seem hot, but the oil cooler thermostat doesn’t even start to open until 212F. I couldn’t find where the F10 oil cooler thermostat is fully open, but on the F90, its 293 so likely close.

I’m in the break in period for my new engine but plan on tracking with all the new goods at the end of July. I’ll update with the temperatures.
Sorry to hear about the engine but what a blessing to be in Raza's backyard like that. I had my car hauled there from Tampa 2 years ago. Absolutely looking forward to hear how things work out for ya on the track now with the temps.

Do you know anyone running this? https://n63intake.com/products/n63-n...l-cooler-valve

In SW Florida I rarely see temps that would mandate my need for the oil cooler thermostat plus my car doesn't see high rev's until the temps are up any way.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:16 PM   #65
Shellbrook76
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Manual Competition

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the engine but what a blessing to be in Raza's backyard like that. I had my car hauled there from Tampa 2 years ago. Absolutely looking forward to hear how things work out for ya on the track now with the temps.

Do you know anyone running this? https://n63intake.com/products/n63-n...l-cooler-valve

In SW Florida I rarely see temps that would mandate my need for the oil cooler thermostat plus my car doesn't see high rev's until the temps are up any way.
I haven’t seen this. My temperature problems are usually on back straights. By that time, the thermostat is wide open already. I’ll ask around to see if anyone has used this. It would’ve been nice if BMW used a MAP oil thermostat (not sure if its possible) like they did for the coolant thermostat.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 11:19 PM   #66
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellbrook76 View Post
I haven’t seen this. My temperature problems are usually on back straights. By that time, the thermostat is wide open already. I’ll ask around to see if anyone has used this. It would’ve been nice if BMW used a MAP oil thermostat (not sure if its possible) like they did for the coolant thermostat.
Hey welcome to forum. Definitely glad to have ya here.

Also, do you recall which 15w-50 Motul they used. I think there is a synth and "non-synth".
Appreciate 0