M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2023, 05:28 PM   #1
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
704
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Planning on going to the Rolex for the 5th time. Super excited for the IMSA season to begin!

Who's going?
__________________
Appreciate 6
SW111162.50
M5Rick42234.50
DocL1654.00
3798j7896.50
Jbrown74031667.00
      01-05-2023, 10:50 PM   #2
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
9880
Rep
3,570
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Lucky! Lots of pics please
Appreciate 4
      01-09-2023, 03:51 PM   #3
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
704
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Some unique pics over the years. Had a couple awesome opportunities, one year got pit row access and was next to the crews changing the tires and filling the tanks. It was a high alert situation where I had to sign waivers before entering the area haha. Last year was able to go to the BMW Champions Club which was a real treat with great view points also met Bobby Rahal. Looking forward to another epic year!
Attached Images
      
__________________
Appreciate 7
NYG9880.00
Patton2502356.00
M5Rick42234.50
M3 boi2994.50
      01-09-2023, 10:41 PM   #4
IcewaterPete
Major
IcewaterPete's Avatar
United_States
1381
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

I’m 50/50 depending on work schedule. Never been, but itching to go! Should be an epic event with the huge field of teams.
Appreciate 2
      01-10-2023, 01:55 PM   #5
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
704
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
I'm 50/50 depending on work schedule. Never been, but itching to go! Should be an epic event with the huge field of teams.
It's quite the event! You must experience it soon!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 06:07 PM   #6
IcewaterPete
Major
IcewaterPete's Avatar
United_States
1381
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
It's quite the event! You must experience it soon!
Can you provide some inside info? I was looking at tickets and noticed there is a 2-day GA and garage ticket. Do I need anything more than that? Should I buck up for a special seating section or the taste of the 24? Seems like it would be good to have any area to be able to drop and store my gear as I wonder around. Are there lockers?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 08:08 PM   #7
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
704
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
It's quite the event! You must experience it soon!
Can you provide some inside info? I was looking at tickets and noticed there is a 2-day GA and garage ticket. Do I need anything more than that? Should I buck up for a special seating section or the taste of the 24? Seems like it would be good to have any area to be able to drop and store my gear as I wonder around. Are there lockers?

Thanks!
Yes, 2-day adm & garage is perfect. Be prepared to walk ALOT if you want to see all the good spots. If you get the chance, try the infield camping - it's quite the experience.

Make sure to get there early on Saturday. Traffic is pretty bad. Around 12pm they open the grid for the fans where you get up close to the race cars and walk on pit lane and the track. It's on the infield side.

Check out the team garages.

Turn 1 from the stands is fun seeing the cars coming in full throttle then braking hard.

Turn 3 hairpin bleachers are good to see their acceleration up close.

Continue walking towards Turn 4 as the cars continue to fly by.

Turn 5 bleachers are very good for over take opportunities.

Turn 12 is good for high speed on the embankment.

Check the brand manufacturer displays. BMW does a good job showing their lineup. Corvette and Cadillac displays give away free T-shirts.

There's an awesome showcase of classic race cars on display towards the Fanzone/food area. Food options will be burgers, hotdogs, chicken tenders, tacos stuff like that or there are pretty good restaurants outside of the speedway on the main rd International Speedway Blvd. They also allow you to bring in your own coolers with beer and food.
__________________
Appreciate 4
CSBM52420.50
Slowlives122.50
Fakemike366.50
      01-14-2023, 08:24 AM   #8
IcewaterPete
Major
IcewaterPete's Avatar
United_States
1381
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
Yes, 2-day adm & garage is perfect. Be prepared to walk ALOT if you want to see all the good spots. If you get the chance, try the infield camping - it's quite the experience.

Make sure to get there early on Saturday. Traffic is pretty bad. Around 12pm they open the grid for the fans where you get up close to the race cars and walk on pit lane and the track. It's on the infield side.

Check out the team garages.

Turn 1 from the stands is fun seeing the cars coming in full throttle then braking hard.

Turn 3 hairpin bleachers are good to see their acceleration up close.

Continue walking towards Turn 4 as the cars continue to fly by.

Turn 5 bleachers are very good for over take opportunities.

Turn 12 is good for high speed on the embankment.

Check the brand manufacturer displays. BMW does a good job showing their lineup. Corvette and Cadillac displays give away free T-shirts.

There's an awesome showcase of classic race cars on display towards the Fanzone/food area. Food options will be burgers, hotdogs, chicken tenders, tacos stuff like that or there are pretty good restaurants outside of the speedway on the main rd International Speedway Blvd. They also allow you to bring in your own coolers with beer and food.
THANKS! That is excellent info and it sounds even better than I imagined.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 08:36 AM   #9
gkgeiger
Lieutenant
gkgeiger's Avatar
677
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i, '23 Z4 M40i order
Join Date: May 2021
Location: The Villages, Florida

iTrader: (0)

I’m about 2 hours west of DIS. I’d like to go for a day of practice, thinking Thursday, and get in the garage area. I didn’t see any tickets specifically for that.

Edit: found it.
__________________
Gene

Last edited by gkgeiger; 01-21-2023 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 10:41 AM   #10
Foxtrot3Zero
Private
United_States
139
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: AGL

iTrader: (0)

See you all there. Went this weekend a bit. Can't wait to see this nose at 2AM coming down front stretch.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 335i M-Sport || MPPK || M-LSD || M-BBK || VRSF CP - DP - FMIC || Bilstein B16 PSS10 || Vorshlag CPs
Appreciate 7
mookie45703.50
SW111162.50
NYG9880.00
M5Rick42234.50
      01-24-2023, 09:07 AM   #11
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
9880
Rep
3,570
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot3Zero View Post
See you all there. Went this weekend a bit. Can't wait to see this nose at 2AM coming down front stretch.
The sniffer
Appreciate 3
      01-27-2023, 09:17 AM   #12
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
704
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Itís race weekend! Got the camping spot set up!
Attached Images
  
__________________
Appreciate 6
3798j7896.50
NYG9880.00
M5Rick42234.50
      01-27-2023, 11:32 AM   #13
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
9880
Rep
3,570
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
Itís race weekend! Got the camping spot set up!
Keep em coming!
Appreciate 3
M5Rick42234.50
mookie45703.50
      01-27-2023, 04:09 PM   #14
gkgeiger
Lieutenant
gkgeiger's Avatar
677
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i, '23 Z4 M40i order
Join Date: May 2021
Location: The Villages, Florida

iTrader: (0)

From yesterday morning.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Gene
Appreciate 4
mookie45703.50
3798j7896.50
racerbruce3728.00
      01-27-2023, 04:11 PM   #15
gkgeiger
Lieutenant
gkgeiger's Avatar
677
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i, '23 Z4 M40i order
Join Date: May 2021
Location: The Villages, Florida

iTrader: (0)

A couple more.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Gene
Appreciate 7
mookie45703.50
Jbrown74031667.00
CSBM52420.50
3798j7896.50
racerbruce3728.00
      01-27-2023, 04:17 PM   #16
gkgeiger
Lieutenant
gkgeiger's Avatar
677
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i, '23 Z4 M40i order
Join Date: May 2021
Location: The Villages, Florida

iTrader: (0)

I have some good videos but canít upload them.
__________________
Gene
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 06:36 PM   #17
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
704
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Couple cars from BMW manufacturer display
Attached Images
   
__________________
Appreciate 5
Jbrown74031667.00
3798j7896.50
racerbruce3728.00
      01-27-2023, 08:03 PM   #18
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
TheBingoBalls's Avatar
Canada
3422
Rep
4,532
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Can't wait to see how the hybrid V8 is going to perform!
Appreciate 1
Jbrown74031667.00
      01-27-2023, 09:03 PM   #19
Jbrown7403
Lieutenant
Jbrown7403's Avatar
United_States
1667
Rep
478
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M4
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin Texas

iTrader: (0)

Agreed! Looking forward to some good sofa time tomorrow! Post lots of pics
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 11:13 PM   #20
tahoeacr
Private
63
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 23 M240IX
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: nevada

iTrader: (0)

I am soo burned out on this as a crew. But, I would like to go check it out as a spectator. As a crew member, I might get about an hour or two the whole weekend to go check stuff out. Mookie45 knows way more about it than I do. Thanks for the tips.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 06:39 AM   #21
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
Hagasan41's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
322
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Super funÖ letís go ///M. That signal green on the CS is 🔥😎.
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 3
3798j7896.50
racerbruce3728.00
      01-28-2023, 04:51 PM   #22
IcewaterPete
Major
IcewaterPete's Avatar
United_States
1381
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

I didn’t make it there this time due to work travel schedule so I’m watching it and checking back inhere for all the pics. Thanks guys for all the posts! What the heck happened to the #25?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST