M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-20-2023, 09:16 PM   #1
Bugs Meany
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228i GC xDrive

Remote start not working after software update?

Subject line sums it up. One time I saw an on-screen message suggesting possible “key malfunction.” Could mean low battery, but that’s impossible on a car I’ve had for 6 months. Not even my unused spare key could start the car from a fairly short distance. It’s on completely flat ground, not parked at a 45 degree incline.

The MyBMW app isn’t currently showing “start vehicle” under the remote services menu, so it’s definitely not the keys.

I’ve tried rebooting iDrive: you hold down Volume On/Off for a good long time, until the screen goes black. (This works if you see “No media source available” and you can’t even play FM radio.) This didn’t help.

I tried searching posts but couldn’t find anything. Surely I’m not the only one having this problem right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 10:30 PM   #2
njoyRice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

After the update it resets some settings. You have the go into the climate settings and turn it back on under preconditioning or something like that.

There's also some prerequisites for remote start to happen like no CEL, not low on gas, etc.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2023, 06:27 AM   #3
Bugs Meany
Enlisted Member
Rep

You know, I think I remember resetting things like auto-activating heated seats and steering wheel anytime it’s below X degrees outside. I could have missed that one. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 08:35 AM   #4
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

I was trying to show-off my remote start with the fob to someone, and it wouldn't do it. A couple of days later I remembered the recent update, went into iDrive and reactivated it. 🤦
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2023, 10:32 PM   #5
Bugs Meany
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoyRice View Post
After the update it resets some settings. You have the go into the climate settings and turn it back on under preconditioning or something like that.
That was the answer! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 09:28 PM   #6
aashami@hotmail.com
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60

Pre-Conditioning replaced with Pre-ventilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs Meany View Post
That was the answer! Thanks.
Please tell me what did you do? I restarted the iDrive many times. It stopped suddenly 3 days ago. now under Climate Menu --> Setting there is only Pre-Ventilation for cooling only. I did not change or update anything. Now it is cold and this is the only thing is not working although I can start the engine from the App for remote parking!!!

ANY HELP!
Appreciate 0