BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-08-2022, 04:03 PM   #23
Kads_M5
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5 f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msparta2022 View Post
I refuse to give up after trying for the past two days I am having a difficult time locating plug A16*1B ... I have a 2015 f06 and figured this is where I am currently stuck at. Can anyone point out with an actual pic or illustration as to where this thing is located???

Much appreciated in advanced!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Oh boy....good luck! At least you have the rest of the eternity to work on this since you're "working from home".

Separately I have this installed on my car, I love it it's amazing. I found myself using it frequently to monitor oil temperature.

By the way if you need the operating/user manual let me know. It is impossible to find a digital version online. I ended up emailing BMW genius, and it took them two months to get back to me. The wheel is feature packed. Out of the box I could not figure out how to use it, not intuitive at all.
Good news I took the whole setup apart again and checked all connections, I did get one wire wrong and it messed up all these functions!
Since I was totally focused on getting this amazing wheel to work, I didn't take pics. But if anyone wants to tackle the installation, I'm more than happy to help, it's actually not too difficult. I'm pretty much an expert now 😎

I would really like to get my hands on a manual, the controls are not intuitive at all and I'm aware of a huge array of functions. Would you please provide the digital version, I will send you my email address via PM.

Later on I will take pics of the wheel and play with it, for now I'm tired of the damn thing 🤣
Quote:
I refuse to give up after trying for the past two days I am having a difficult time locating plug A16*1B ... I have a 2015 f06 and figured this is where I am currently stuck at. Can anyone point out with an actual pic or illustration as to where this thing is located???

How far you got mate??

I've done the blue and white wire and both red and red and blue.

I've got green and grey and brown. Where do these 2 go!!??
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 04:29 PM   #24
Kads_M5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kads_M5 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Oh boy....good luck! At least you have the rest of the eternity to work on this since you're "working from home".

Separately I have this installed on my car, I love it it's amazing. I found myself using it frequently to monitor oil temperature.

By the way if you need the operating/user manual let me know. It is impossible to find a digital version online. I ended up emailing BMW genius, and it took them two months to get back to me. The wheel is feature packed. Out of the box I could not figure out how to use it, not intuitive at all.
Good news I took the whole setup apart again and checked all connections, I did get one wire wrong and it messed up all these functions!
Since I was totally focused on getting this amazing wheel to work, I didn't take pics. But if anyone wants to tackle the installation, I'm more than happy to help, it's actually not too difficult. I'm pretty much an expert now 😎

I would really like to get my hands on a manual, the controls are not intuitive at all and I'm aware of a huge array of functions. Would you please provide the digital version, I will send you my email address via PM.

Later on I will take pics of the wheel and play with it, for now I'm tired of the damn thing 🤣
Quote:

How far you got mate??

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How far you got mate??

Where do these 2 wires go??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 04:47 AM   #25
Kads_M5
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How far you got mate??

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How far you got mate??

Where do these 2 wires go??
Ok connected the last 2 remaining wires but still no lights!!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #26
Kads_M5
Rep

All done!!

So after all the wiring was done correctly, I couldn't get nothing to happen. So I went back to the steering wheel wires. Thought I might of crimped it. Well i didn't crimp it, the black Plug wasn't plugged into the turquoise module. 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️

Happy it's all done.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 12:09 AM   #27
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Quote:
All done!!

So after all the wiring was done correctly, I couldn't get nothing to happen. So I went back to the steering wheel wires. Thought I might of crimped it. Well i didn't crimp it, the black Plug wasn't plugged into the turquoise module. 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️

Happy it's all done.
First of all, congratulations 🎉 great work, the new steering wheel looks stunning!!!
Secondly, I apologize for not chiming in earlier, I didn't spend much time here lately and got pretty busy with work. I am really happy that you figured it out, following the installation instructions by the dot is key. All in all, it's doable, but requires patience and attention to detail!

Enjoy the new wheel, I'm still excited to fire up mine every time I get in my M5
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 05:53 PM   #28
Kads_M5
Rep

Ok guys so I’ve had my steering wheel a few months and when it works it’s fantastic.

Recently it hasn’t come on. The thing doesn’t light up on start or even come on when I’m driving. It’s like it’s dead.

I don’t drive my car much so I thought it was a weak battery. I fully charged the battery and been driving it all week. Battery seems to be ok yet no lights on steering wheel or the screen.

Going to check wires incase the crimps have disconnected some how.

Maybe a faulty steering wheel or I need a new battery??

Driving me nuts
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 01:31 AM   #29
overcrash94
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 f10

Quote:
All done!!

Happy it's all done.

Wonderfull, i would like to put it in my car lol
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 03:47 AM   #30
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Wheel looks great and hope you sort the connections soon, it's unlikely the battery if there are no low charge warnings and if you followed SCD's advice then it may be a faulty wheel or check the associated fuse, my hard to reach accessory fuse for radar detector and camera has blown again.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 02:58 PM   #31
Kads_M5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Wheel looks great and hope you sort the connections soon, it's unlikely the battery if there are no low charge warnings and if you followed SCD's advice then it may be a faulty wheel or check the associated fuse, my hard to reach accessory fuse for radar detector and camera has blown again.
Will check wires tomorrow. Didn’t have much time today. What fuses do I check?? It’s running off the door loom for power and ground, everything works related to the door so not sure if it’s a fuse. I’ll check all fuses anyway with a power tester. I’m hoping it’s not the steering wheel as I will need to contact BMW and explain it’s the wheel at fault etc.

Will report back when I’ve checked everything.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 1
m5rosco210.50
      06-26-2022, 11:28 PM   #32
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Will check wires tomorrow. Didn’t have much time today. What fuses do I check?? It’s running off the door loom for power and ground, everything works related to the door so not sure if it’s a fuse. I’ll check all fuses anyway with a power tester. I’m hoping it’s not the steering wheel as I will need to contact BMW and explain it’s the wheel at fault etc.

Will report back when I’ve checked everything.

Thanks guys
Please keep us posted
Another item to check is the data control module that feeds the steering wheel, it could fail. But it sounds more like a power supply issue since it doesn't even come on at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 11:58 AM   #33
Kads_M5
Rep

Quote:
Please keep us posted
Another item to check is the data control module that feeds the steering wheel, it could fail. But it sounds more like a power supply issue since it doesn't even come on at all.
THOSE STUPID BLACK BMW CLIPS!!!

Found the issue guys!

So having checked all the fuses and battery the issue was the clips on the ground and power wires which were attached to the door loom with those black wire clips.

I ended up extending the ground wire and clamped it onto the actual ground point of the car and hard wired the live wire to the door loom.

Works flawlessly now thank god!!

Thanks for the help once again guys.

Time to enjoy it…again!!🤣
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50