Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-10-2022, 06:47 AM   #1
blade87
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 Sapphire Black Metallic

F10 M5 2013 Rough Idle issue

Hey Guys,

Thought id reach out here as i am in deep help and support.

3 weeks i purchased an F10 M5 2013 model which is pretty clean and in mint condition.

Mileage : 136,000KM

Of course being an enthusiast general rule of thumb is to take her for a pre pruchase inspection and thats what i did

The car was being serviced at the agency from 0 - 105,000km from then to 136,000 no clue.

The ppc report pulled put
Wishbones left and right
Lower control arms left and right
Engine mounts , transmission mounts
Top cover gaskets minor leak
Brake discs below minimum thickness
Intake plastic pipe cracked
Trunk lid worn ( Dubai is hot)

Judging from the report she was clean so i purchased it. Of course she was going into drivetrain drive moderately due to the cracked pipe so i let it be

Once the car was purchased this is what was done to the car
Replaced injectors (bosch) luckily one got stuck
Top cover gaskets
Oil service and filter
Pcv hose bank 1 and 2
Engine mounts
Transmission mounts
Intake pipe which was cracked
Spark plugs
Ignition coils (bosch)

Took the car for a 80km drive yet before doing that filler her up with 98 octane and went ahead. Decided to see how she behaves and i took the leap of faith and floored it just to 4500rpm . As i head back home downshifting to a uturn on a roundabout i get a drivetrain error and i noticed i lost quite some fuel. Went bacj to pull over at a petrol station to refill and she started behaving again badly rough idle rough idle and she stalled.

Tried to switch on the car again rough idle and immediately stalls. After several retries i was able to get her on and park and thats when i smelled fuel “rich rich fuel” luckily my friend who also owns the same car was close with on obd scanner to check what was the issue.

DME 1 and DME 2 rich
Danger hazardous fuel

Took her back to the garage to see what was the issue. Seemed the fuel rail commected to the high pressure fuel pump was having some sweat marks so luckily call not serious. Sorted and reflashed . Drove again , rough idle again

Car went back to the garage for further tests . Further investigations and driving more random faults came up.

Throttle body actuator faulty , turbochargercoolant pump actuation pump blocked and now the car was throwing out fuel mixture too lean

At this point DME? O2 sensors are gone maybe fuel went in to the downpipes and messed up the o2 sensors hence the car is behaving like a christmas tree?

Trial and error from here
DME changed and the throttle blade fault is gone. Turbo charger coolant pump was still there so we replaced.

Redid the adaptation reset
Reprogrammed injectors drove her around drives perfect for 2 hours switch the car off and back on rough idle.

Put back the original DME , reflash , reset , drives fine for 2 hours , switch the car off and back on idles rough….

Decided to change the 02 sensors (bosch) same issue.

Next suspect put down a new order for exhaust manifold gaskets , o rings as well.

Has anyone ever suffered from this because at this point its trial and error and we are unable to get any more details.

Ive ordered down pipes intakes as i plan to mod the car but i refuse to do anything more until i resolve this not to mention the costs paid so far…

Open to answers guys and thanks alot
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 09:43 PM   #2
billowusu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Having the same exact throttle code issue on my 550. The engines are similar. Where u able to solve ur issues? I’m planning on replacing pcvs, map sensor on intake manifold which is hard to reach and new throttle body. Car idles so bad. Causing the car to run lean. Changed hpfps to m5 hpfps as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by billowusu; 09-08-2022 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0