Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-10-2022, 03:10 PM   #1
Jack_Smackus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

2013 BMW M5 Won't Start

Hey Everyone,

First post, unfortunately though I am posting because I ran into a spot of trouble. For some reason today I drove somewhere for 15 mins no issues and when I got back into the car to go home the car wouldn't start. Just sputters, tries to start but never gets going. Car has just under a 1/4 tank of gas but seems like it's starving for for gas or air. Lots of electricity, started fine when I left the house. Tried to start it for 20 minutes every minute or so but no dice. Let it sit for another 20 minutes and same thing almost started but didn't

I have one of those BlueDriver scanning tools. Scanned the car and it threw a whole whack of them. Never seen this before. Cleared the codes just to start fresh and still nothing. Car almost starts but doesn't. I have been monitoring a situation with 'System Too Rich Bank 2' fault code and had taken it to a mechanic a few weeks back where he replaced the spark plugs and one of the coils. Fault code P0175. But this never impacted car performance or drivability. I have driven the car for weeks but the error came back last week. Thought I should just include that from a history perspective. Right now the car is presenting fault code 930BB9 which I can't get a description of but is a ACSM code. Anyone know what this is?

Googled location of fuel filter, thinking maybe sediment in the tank, maybe clogged fuel filter but from what I have read the filter is in the fuel tank. So that isn't something to check easily.

I literally had it at the shop the past week because I blew a tire on the highway and now it appears I have to get it towed back to the shop. So aggravating.

Any one have any thoughts on anything I can check or inspect?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Last edited by Jack_Smackus; 07-10-2022 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 03:19 PM   #2
Kamate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

If I have to throw a wild guess, it would be fuel related. Hpfp or the low pressure one. Have the shop run a proper diagnostic and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 05:45 PM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

It may be bad gas the tank being under a 1/4.
Appreciate 0