M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-16-2024, 01:44 PM   #1
mpower112
Rep
Drives: G20

M5 F10 Deka Clutch issue

Hi ,

I have M5 F10 , FBO , Forged engine , pure turbos stage 2

Around 7month ago i ordered Deka clutch stage 2
My garage installed it for me and after around 400km when i go back home from 30km trip i can't put R anymore it just trying to put R i hear loud knocking and trans go in N , i drive aroud town to check what happen and notice 1gear gonne as well so i back home and leave car to my garage next day , they dissassembly trans and found out the clutch is completly burned

In december contacted the shop with i buy the clutch i explained the whole situation and they ask me to send back the clutch to deka i sended the burned clutch and in february i get new clutch not just plates as previous but now with basket as well (many thanks to Deka and the shop)

Today i pick up the car with installed brand new clutch also i put stock map on the car to be sure nothing happen to clutch

My home and garage is 30km away mainly highway i drive allmost all the time around 140-160 but at somepoint i pass car and put a little more power like really not much and then i notice when it downshift it think a second and after it engage clutch properly and start to give power so thats was strange so i repeated it again but this time i drive around 120km and put some power the car drop the gear but still think engage the gear a little rpm rev and engage second time the gear but now properly and then the car start to have some power but after the second time i get error trans temp too high so i slowed down and stoped at next gas station it was around 5km

Checked codes i get
Clutch temp - phase red
Clutch temp - phase black

It was just 30km after installing new clutch

Any idea what can be wrong?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 01:24 AM   #2
SmokinJoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP, 2019 X5 40i

Did they do a proper adaptation procedure when they installed the clutch?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 04:37 AM   #3
mpower112
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe View Post
Did they do a proper adaptation procedure when they installed the clutch?
Yes , and it complete without trouble also they do oil balance

Car was changing gear fine in town driving , problem start on highway speed

I put BMS Oil pan for trans better cooling , is this can cause problems? Low oil pressure under load?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 02:26 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Just had a similar issue with my S2 Deka Clutch driving from Tampa to Orlando. By the time I came to a stop and pulled in the driveway I only had 1st gear.
Appreciate 0