05-27-2020, 09:13 PM   #67
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri.M5 View Post
Congrats, good to see another 6spd F10 M5.

Just over a year ago I set out for a nationwide "hunt." My requirements fully loaded ZCP 6 spd (executive and driver-assist packages), low mileage, not black or white, and LCI (ideally '16)

I'd say I got lucky I started the search in Jan found the gem in March in Alexandria, VA (live in Chicago). I happened to be in London for work, I checked Autotrader in the evening, did a quick scan mentally filtering out the listings that were "manual" but really DCT, and a new listing popped up with no pics. I plugged the vin into BMW Vin Decoder and couldn't believe it - perfect match with a few extras like night vision. No Ceramic brakes but 14k miles! I called the dealer (BMW of Alexandria), a little nervous to put money down without even seeing pics, I faxed a few docs and put a hold on the car. Turns out BMW of Alexandria was really great to work with, they sent me pics, told me the car has just come in as a lease return. I booked my flight the next week and picked up the car. Singapore Grey and Sakhir Orange full leather interior.

More pics on IG: m5pri

Attachment 2317433
Attachment 2317434
That is a gorgeous car! Welcome to the 6-speed club, this motor with this 6-speed is easily one of the most underappreciated platforms on the market today. These cars will absolutely go up in value over time, as they are just amazing to drive. Glad to see another 3pedal in the neighborhood.
1969 Lincoln Continental Sedan
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:52 AM   #68
technician117
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Congrats on finally finding "the one"! I guess I got lucky with my search only taking 3 months to fine "the one". It's definitely a bear looking for 6MT cars.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #69
rhy
Rep
Drives: 535i, x5d, s2000

New lurker here and in the same boat - looking for a clean 6MT and it's been a struggle. Has anyone driven comp and non-comp relatively back to back? Wondering how they compare on regular roads. I thought the LCI models were mostly comp, but recently came across a couple non-comp ones (remote, unfortunately, so no way to test them).
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #70
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m5 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
New lurker here and in the same boat - looking for a clean 6MT and it's been a struggle. Has anyone driven comp and non-comp relatively back to back? Wondering how they compare on regular roads. I thought the LCI models were mostly comp, but recently came across a couple non-comp ones (remote, unfortunately, so no way to test them).
Hey man here is a link who was able to test drive them extensively back to back, mine is a 2015 DCT comp. I haven't drove a non comp model, but the upgraded is definitely nice, and the stiffer sway bars in the corners are nice as well, but the suspension does have a harsher ride. Honestly, if you are thinking about mods, a tune and new exhaust will beat out most comp model upgrades. Also when you think of it like a sports car, and not a luxury cruiser, the ride is actually very nice.

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=925933
Appreciate 0