M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #1
jasamja
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

problem with KW HAS

Hey guys had these installed today by a buddy of mine, and have the fronts almost all the way down but the car is sitting at stock height, the rears have an 1" until being maxed out and its sitting nice and low, but the front is as high as stock and has about half inch before being maxed out, anyone had this issue before?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 05:34 AM   #2
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasamja View Post
Hey guys had these installed today by a buddy of mine, and have the fronts almost all the way down but the car is sitting at stock height, the rears have an 1" until being maxed out and its sitting nice and low, but the front is as high as stock and has about half inch before being maxed out, anyone had this issue before?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Check to make sure the sleeves that go around the strut body are all the way down and seated.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #3
jasamja
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Check to make sure the sleeves that go around the strut body are all the way down and seated.
Thank you someone just mentioned to me that this morning, i guess that would make the only sense.

Question do the new body's have to be "hammered in" the way the old ones were hammered out or just pushed down

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasamja View Post
Thank you someone just mentioned to me that this morning, i guess that would make the only sense.

Question do the new body's have to be "hammered in" the way the old ones were hammered out or just pushed down

Thanks
They take a bit of force to get fully seated. Whether you bang them on or press them down. They take some effort to get down.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #5
m5rosco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5

Fronts on mine took loads of pressure to press on, rears in comparison were a lot easier. In the instructions it tells you exactly how to mark so many mm below the shoulder with a sharpie pen so that you know when the perches are fully “home”.
Appreciate 0