M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-04-2020, 01:36 AM   #1
santamonica00
Lover of the 3rd pedal
Rep
Drives: '16 M5 6spd; '13 Audi S4 6 spd

Warranty ending ('16) & need the magic words...

Posted a couple times since acquiring a '16 F10 6 spd manual in February...great timing with quarantine! The car's original warranty runs through December '20 and the car was CPO'ed so it's covered until end of '21 on that coverage. It's currently at 48,xxx miles so need to take it in before 50k but the ask is the following:

1) I only want to have warranty covered fixes done by the dealership (like Santa Monica BMW or a West LA BMW dealer) given the price and I know I need new pads (and maybe rotors). I've noticed some sounds when turning at slow speed that may sound like the suspension. What should I indicate to ensure the dealer does a thorough review and I capture anything they could have to fix under warranty?

2) I know this is a broad ask as a lot of people are all over the country but anyone have a good independent shop in West LA? There's a good on in the South Bay but that's too far for LA traffic - 12 miles = 45 mins. Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0