M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who do you *want* to win?
Kansa City Chiefs 13 37.14%
San Francisco 49ers 19 54.29%
Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

02-01-2024, 01:36 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Superbowl LVIII: who do you *want* to win?

My philosophy regarding sports is if the team I support is not involved, I usually go for the underdog, and that usually means which one has less championships.

However, I dunno guys, Mahomes and his crew are likeable enough, but I'm already kinda sick of them haha. So, GO 9ers!!!!! (Anyway, they should've won the previous time around if not for the prettyboy's lousy passing skills lmao.)

Anyway, who do you *want* to win (not who you logically 'think' should win)?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 02:01 PM   #2
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Vikings, SKOL!!!!!!

Actually, I can't pick yet, don't have my squares filled in.

Last edited by UncleWede; 02-01-2024 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1944.00
      02-01-2024, 02:27 PM   #3
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
The Detroit Lions but that didn't work out so I hope the fans win by both teams playing a great game, the officiating being better and no one getting hurt.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614882.00
      02-01-2024, 02:31 PM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Vikings, SKOL!!!!!!

Actually, I can't pick yet, don't have my squares filled in.
I don't know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
The Detroit Lions but that didn't work out so I hope the fans win by both teams playing a great game, the officiating being better and no one getting hurt.
Man, the Lions choked almost as bad as those Falcons from that SB. Almost.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 05:44 PM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I don't know what that means.
Football pool. $500/sq. I have 1.75 squares. Driving to Vegas on Monday after SB, will need some gamblin money!
      02-01-2024, 06:10 PM   #6
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Football pool. $500/sq. I have 1.75 squares. Driving to Vegas on Monday after SB, will need some gamblin money!
GL, so what are your bets?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 06:15 PM   #7
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I'm rooting for Taylor Swift, but seriously don't plan on watching the game.....
      02-02-2024, 08:32 AM   #8
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Is a conundrum...

Mahomes for the win to chip away at Brady's records and get him off the board!

Root for Mr. Irrelevant, ie, Purdy as well, everyone loves the underdog! What a profound effect he will have on the future of the NFL should the last pick in a draft go an win the SB! And he can do it... The comeback vs Detroit was amazing!

Should shape up to be a seriously good game, one potentially for the "Classics" collection... Andy Reid cannot be dismissed, always adjusting and making changes to whatever the Defense throws at Mahomes. Mahomes uncanny ability to extend plays and get the ball out to receivers from impossible positions. Purdy, now he's a wonderment! How he will stand in the pocket and get that ball out too, accurate pass after accurate pass... And man oh man, McCaffrey! I think he will be the difference in the game, can KC shut him down? He's a slippery lil sucka and wears defenses down, is a tough nut!

Anyways, get some wings, some beer (not AB) lots of popcorn, and enjoy the game! Lol
Appreciate 2
      02-02-2024, 12:42 PM   #9
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

^Ya, I feel if you teleported Purdy back to their last SB meeting to replace Mr GQ, the 9ers would've won that game. The guy simply showed his mettle w that comeback. I want and feel SF should win, but we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 04:13 PM   #10
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

I want the 49'ers to win but I think the Chiefs will be the champs. At a minimum I hope it is a good and competitive game.
      02-02-2024, 04:44 PM   #11
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
^Ya, I feel if you teleported Purdy back to their last SB meeting to replace Mr GQ, the 9ers would've won that game. The guy simply showed his mettle w that comeback. I want and feel SF should win, but we'll see.
The current Purdy, yes, but not the Purdy of a year or two ago when he was so green and lacked playoffs experience. 49ers lost the Championship game IIRC and didn’t make it to SB. Purdy seems to have grown in all aspects since.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 04:59 PM   #12
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
The current Purdy, yes, but not the Purdy of a year or two ago when he was so green and lacked playoffs experience. 49ers lost the Championship game IIRC and didn’t make it to SB. Purdy seems to have grown in all aspects since.
Well, yes, obviously I'm talking about him rn.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 10:06 AM   #13
Fillip
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M3 (F80)

My money is on 49ers.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 10:57 AM   #14
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillip View Post
My money is on 49ers.
Well, I'm hoping.....not a Niners fan, just sick to death of Mahomes and Kelce.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 02:51 PM   #15
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Season is over, as far as I am concerned.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614882.00
GERMAN M34176.50
      02-04-2024, 07:27 PM   #16
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Well, y’all can probably figure out who I’m rooting for from my username. Pretty much every Texas Tech alum and everyone in Lubbock is a fairly rabid Chiefs fan these days! Of course we’ve all been sick of Jerry Jones for decades now and have written off the Cowboys until Jerry kicks the bucket, but once Mahomes went to KC the Cowboys were dead to us. I was in Lubbock a lot during the Mahomes years and it was pretty fantastic!!

I don’t want to get ahead of things and I’m a fairly big fan of Tom Brady. I don’t see how you can’t be. As it stands now among quarterbacks it really can’t be denied he is the GOAT! Patrick Mahomes will never have Tom’s looks, but if he continues on his current trajectory I think he will surpass Brady as the years go on. And I really hope he does!

A Lubbock and, obviously, Texas friend of mine posted this on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. And it is what every Texan and Cowboys fan is wishing for and waiting for.
Attached Images

member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

02-05-2024, 06:29 AM   #17
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
The Bills vs Lions would have been a Superbowl for the ages.....
      02-05-2024, 01:55 PM   #18
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

49ers, I hope Trent Williams gets the ring he deserves. Also, I find Travis Kelce to be a complete douche nozzle, even before the whole Taylor Swift thing. I'm ready for that guy to start losing at life; we can start with the Super Bowl.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2024, 05:58 PM   #19
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
49ers, I hope Trent Williams gets the ring he deserves. Also, I find Travis Kelce to be a complete douche nozzle, even before the whole Taylor Swift thing. I'm ready for that guy to start losing at life; we can start with the Super Bowl.
LMAO, tell me how you really feel!

I'm not disagreeing though, guy looks a bit like a pedo dating her, supposedly they are near the same age or something? It just looks crazy ODD and weird, they don't match AT ALL. Don't even me started on her lol, poor girl w supposedly no friends crashes the music scene, ya right. Major backing, just like that other one, Eilish and countless others. Manufactured.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 07:01 PM   #20
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
Any team but the Mahomies. He irks me me for some unknown reason. Was hoping to see the Lions get in.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614882.00
      02-05-2024, 11:56 PM   #21
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Well, y’all can probably figure out who I’m rooting for from my username. Pretty much every Texas Tech alum and everyone in Lubbock is a fairly rabid Chiefs fan these days! Of course we’ve all been sick of Jerry Jones for decades now and have written off the Cowboys until Jerry kicks the bucket, but once Mahomes went to KC the Cowboys were dead to us. I was in Lubbock a lot during the Mahomes years and it was pretty fantastic!!

I don’t want to get ahead of things and I’m a fairly big fan of Tom Brady. I don’t see how you can’t be. As it stands now among quarterbacks it really can’t be denied he is the GOAT! Patrick Mahomes will never have Tom’s looks, but if he continues on his current trajectory I think he will surpass Brady as the years go on. And I really hope he does!

A Lubbock and, obviously, Texas friend of mine posted this on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. And it is what every Texan and Cowboys fan is wishing for and waiting for.

I like the Chiefs too. They are my second favorite team after the 49ers. So, this Super Bowl rematch is pretty cool from where I'm sitting. Someone wrote a few posts ago that nobody cares about this Super Bowl and cited some Tweet regurgitation article written by a fresh-out-of-college, looking for work guy. We will have to wait and see the viewership numbers, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will be watching this game. May the best team win!!
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2024, 07:25 AM   #22
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
I like both teams but want the 49ers to win because I like the Brock Purdy story and my OSU boys (Bosa and Chase Young) would love for them to get a SB Ring.

All in all, just want it to be a great high scoring game!