BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Sim Racing

12-08-2023, 10:12 AM   #1
mKilgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Best Sim for f8x realism?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything while searching. While being late to the party, I am building a sim rig to do some practicing for new tracks I'll be competing at this next year, as well as to develop a better understanding of how to make adjustments on the car and the results they produce, i.e., increasing/decreasing compression/rebound, soften/stiffen roll bars, mess with alignment settings, etc. Being able to run 100s of laps while making constant adjustments is a big driver of why I'm building a rig. While it may be a few thousand dollars, to me it is well worth it compared to the money it would take, and the risk involved, to reproduce the same on track in real life.

I am wondering what sim best emulates a "track-focused" M4, and if that requires a specific mod or is provided with the sim. I see that both ACC and iRacing have the M4 GT4, but I'm not sure if you can dumb the car down enough to better represent a street car. Maybe there's a mod out there that is better representative of the street car?

My M4 is on MCS2WR, BW roll bars, full SPL control arms, GTS aero, 200TW RE-71RS, and AP Racing brakes. So not quite a street car, and definitely not a GT4 car, but somewhere in between.

Thoughts? Would love to hear your feedback.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 11:22 AM   #2
Roman
Private
Rep
Drives: GMC / Ford

I think your best bet would be the original Assetto Corsa.

Edit: Then again, maybe not. The M4 in AC has limited adjustments that can be made.
Street tires or semi-slicks
Tire Pressure
Camber
Toe

So perhaps ACC is the better options for learning what suspension changes do but it won't be for an F8x.

Last edited by Roman; 12-08-2023 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 04:28 AM   #3
rotomoto712
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible

I have a friend with a track-prepped F82 M4 that frequents the Hockenheimring and the Nuerburgring GP track, and after trying out GT7 on the PS5 with my Fanatec CSL DD setup, mentioned that it felt exactly like his car does at the track. I believe he has well over 100 laps under his belt, so I would definitely take his word for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 02:33 PM   #4
mKilgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Thank you both for your input. I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0