07-15-2019, 05:17 AM   #89
Dormermike
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmbratz View Post
Hi

Newbie to this and thinking of getting an M5 and I have seen this any thoughts? https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/2...7-b71eaf033b8f
I looked at this car because I'm local and was curious about the supposed 9k paint job.

It's silver. Yawn, IMO, and doesn't look particularly special to my eye. It was also poorly presented with a filthy engine bay, deep scratch (almost a tear) on rear seat. Absolutely caked in bird cack. Worst thing though it was late on the running in service at 4500 miles.

I imagine that's why it's cheap.

When I pointed that out to them they tried to say the computer was wrong and they'd make some calls and trace the correct date. Then when I phoned back up the next day they said sadly it was to be taken off sale and sold to trade because they can't warranty it.

It's still on sale and no mention of the missed running in service. Its a bit of a dog and I suspect even though it's on the AUC site it's actually being sold with sytner's own warranty.

Last edited by Dormermike; 07-15-2019 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 05:19 AM   #90
Dormermike
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
The paint may be a £9k option but in reality it’s a fancy silver, most if not all of the £££ spent on paint is lost money, I doubt anyone actually paid £9k on paint e
Correct - sytner told me it was a pre reg so they'd spec'd that paint. Doubt they paid 9k!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #91
Bmbratz
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne 955

Thanks for the heads up looks like it's a minefield out there!
Maybe be better off with a 15 reg M50D X5? Any you guys had one?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #92
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up looks like it's a minefield out there!
Maybe be better off with a 15 reg M50D X5? Any you guys had one?
They are not exactly like for like cars though...……

Whats your logic for choosing an X5 over an M5
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #93
Bmbratz
Rep

Just the Mrs said how about the Dog! Was getting a bit selfish I guess!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 11:59 AM   #94
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Just the Mrs said how about the Dog! Was getting a bit selfish I guess!
My advice is if you want an M5 then only an M5 will do, cant the dog go in the wife's car?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #95
Bmbratz
Rep

Well no, She got a 320d saloon which she hates! Well it's rare I'd take the dog anywhere as we live next door to a nature reserve anyway. Still keep my options open I guess
Appreciate 1
OneExtra810.50
      07-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #96
Dormermike
Captain
Rep

Exactly why I got cats instead of a dog lol
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 05:05 PM   #97
Bmbratz
Rep

Allergic to cats lol
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #98
mystic sport
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

I must be a salesmans dream lol. All these questions about the M5 from prospective owners. I was sent a video of mine, put a deposit on it 30 minutes later. Saw it the next day, almost puked with excitement and haggled the most pathetic deal known to M owners and got it the next week without a single worry or cr@p given - there again I once owned an E60 M5 so know all about stressful M ownership

I would say buy the best one you can for your budget, make sure the 1200 running in service was done on time, it will have the AUC warranty if approved used then when you pick it up drive it nice and gently until warmed up then stick it in MDM mode, sport plus for gearbox and accelerator and steering in sport then bury the loud peddle in 2nd and I guarantee at that single moment you will "get it"
Appreciate 1
OneExtra810.50
      07-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #99
Bmbratz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic sport View Post
I must be a salesmans dream lol. All these questions about the M5 from prospective owners. I was sent a video of mine, put a deposit on it 30 minutes later. Saw it the next day, almost puked with excitement and haggled the most pathetic deal known to M owners and got it the next week without a single worry or cr@p given - there again I once owned an E60 M5 so know all about stressful M ownership

I would say buy the best one you can for your budget, make sure the 1200 running in service was done on time, it will have the AUC warranty if approved used then when you pick it up drive it nice and gently until warmed up then stick it in MDM mode, sport plus for gearbox and accelerator and steering in sport then bury the loud peddle in 2nd and I guarantee at that single moment you will "get it"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic sport View Post

Sure know how to dangle the carrot!
Appreciate 0