M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Newport Blue
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition Package

Garage List
2015 M5 CP  [10.00]
KW HAS High Speed steering wheel vibration/shaking

Thought I would throw this out there for others with KW HAS, just had the kit put on a little over a week ago, finally got to drive the car at a bit of a higher rate of speed than highway driving (over 90 mph) and noticed a pretty aggressive vibration/shaking of the steering wheel at all EDC settings that was not there before. Thought I would ask the experts/users on the board for some feedback. Had the car aligned by the shop that installed the kit so I may need to take it back?
2014 Competition Package/BPM Stage 1 Tune/KW HAS/10mm Front HR Spacers/12MM Rear HR Spacers/305x30x20 PS4S/Carbon Mirror Caps/Black Wrap Roof/ Soul Performance Exhaust/Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser/ 3D Carbon Fiber Front Lip/ RW Carbon Arkym Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler/
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
mikey_g
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 M5 6SPD

Definitely not an expert, but as I was combing the forums I guy with a similar situation had a loose sway bar.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 10:12 AM   #3
Newport Blue
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M5 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_g View Post
Definitely not an expert, but as I was combing the forums I guy with a similar situation had a loose sway bar.
Thanks, when the car is on the lift getting the exhaust done I will have them take a look..
2014 Competition Package/BPM Stage 1 Tune/KW HAS/10mm Front HR Spacers/12MM Rear HR Spacers/305x30x20 PS4S/Carbon Mirror Caps/Black Wrap Roof/ Soul Performance Exhaust/Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser/ 3D Carbon Fiber Front Lip/ RW Carbon Arkym Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler/
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
Newport Blue
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M5 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Turns out that the shop that I had install the HAS kit as well as the 305 Michelin Pilot Sports failed to balance the drivers side rear wheel and installed weights on opposite sides of the wheel in a method that the new shop called against all logic for wheel balancing. Rebalanced wheel and now everything is copasetic...
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 05:17 AM   #5
mikey_g
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 M5 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newport Blue View Post
Turns out that the shop that I had install the HAS kit as well as the 305 Michelin Pilot Sports failed to balance the drivers side rear wheel and installed weights on opposite sides of the wheel in a method that the new shop called against all logic for wheel balancing. Rebalanced wheel and now everything is copasetic...
nice bro. ez fix. sucks the shop fucked up, when it comes to small jobs like that I typically just find another shop instead of going in there and talking to the owner or manager, just not worth the hassle/reward.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #6
Newport Blue
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M5 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
nice bro. ez fix. sucks the shop fucked up, when it comes to small jobs like that I typically just find another shop instead of going in there and talking to the owner or manager, just not worth the hassle/reward.
Since the original shop hasn't been responsive to any communication/email regarding their shotty work as well as the fact that they charged me to install 12mm/10mm spacers on the corners and actually installed 5mm all the way around I am going to have to go there and return the spacers and have a conversation with them but certainly not going to have any additional work done by them..
Appreciate 0