United_States
Rep
Drives: comp m5

FOUND A M5

my fellow M'rs
asking for help has you guys are ALWAYS helpful in making my final decision
the last two i turned down from the help i received

the m5 was marked at 32,998
and they wanted a almost 3,000 recondition fee!!!!
i got them to cut that fee in half by speaking to a higher up AGM...
their is still a GM to speak with. i ended up walking away
and a few days later i see they dropped the price to 30,899

the sales man wasn't the best but he was able to walk me through the m5 but with NO HELPFUL info

my lease on the Q50 is up
and i been searching for a m5 .....
it was purchased in the auction so it was not a trade in....

so this one is a alpine white on black.... seems to have executive package and upgraded b.o system ..
not sure what else

here is the link
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...624_isFeatured
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

I personally would shoot for '14+ LCI with Comp pack... maybe there is a nice one in the FS section here...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
I personally would shoot for '14+ LCI with Comp pack... maybe there is a nice one in the FS section here...
what exactly was changed?

and to find another 14 isn't has easy
i think i found the price range i will be willing to spend for the m5
and its 30-35 i can come up some if absolutely loaded with red interior haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #4
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

"El Patronn" doesn't seem like the guy I'd want to buy an 81k mile 4-owner auction car from. That said, I've never actually dealt with that dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:54 PM   #5
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

its all a sales gimmick
the m5 was from a auction im not judging them on anything....
if anything help negation tips will help.
tips for looking physically at the m5 also will help.....

the car fax notes 1-2 owners most of the life but 3 and 4 both owned it 1 year 6 1 year 8 months each .....
all from florida...

and that's where the 81 miles comes from
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #6
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
If you looking a '13 M5. I got mine for sale. It's a little more than that one but I also have $10k in mods in it. Let me know if you have any questions

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/c...195702468.html
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #7
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

hey i definitely seen your listing on IG and on here and i did think to may self wow perfect timing
i didn't want to put that all cash out so i didn't want to waste your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
If you looking a '13 M5. I got mine for sale. It's a little more than that one but I also have $10k in mods in it. Let me know if you have any questions

Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5715.50
      09-26-2020, 10:29 AM   #8
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

I'm selling mine; 2015 comp pack, was 100% CPO until last month; bit of a "pocket listing" as I don't need to sell but if you're close, maybe we can make a deal.

More pics coming soon but weather has been poop lately and work has been conspiring against me lol.

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1757504
      10-01-2020, 07:31 PM   #9
kyle95
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatem3 View Post
hey i definitely seen your listing on IG and on here and i did think to may self wow perfect timing

Quote:

Hey , I went to that dealership today to look at that vehicle. I was completely turned off , the customer service had horrible. I walked in. Salesman didn't know where the car was , then had me sit while they had a whole sales meeting for 10mins. There was other clients there just looking around. I left , def would not want to spend money there if that's how the customer service is.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:54 PM   #10
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle95 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Hey , I went to that dealership today to look at that vehicle. I was completely turned off , the customer service had horrible. I walked in. Salesman didn't know where the car was , then had me sit while they had a whole sales meeting for 10mins. There was other clients there just looking around. I left , def would not want to spend money there if that's how the customer service is.
Dang that sucks, I noticed the listing is off too now.

Let me know if you're interested in mine, we can work on shipping as well (I got a preferred company)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #11
S_CDSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 650 Gran Coupe

I would be skeptical buying one that came from auction. Mine had a plethora of issues. Sold it, it was clean but 4-5 owners and that mileage no way. if it had 80k+ but 1 owner that is different. Jut have to start thinking about financing + components going out if its not under warranty. These cars are great but can take a major toll on you if they werent well maintained prior
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 03:37 AM   #12
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

It's hard finding a one or two owner M5 and a lot have multiple owners because of the nature of the car. If you're in NY you may want to skip the lower sprung CP and go for the higher normal one which will make negotiating rough roads a bit less worrying.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 04:41 AM   #13
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

I bought mine at a local dealership for high performance vehicles, they presented the car in a super clean state, inside a great garage setting, even put it on a lift for underbody inspection.
My M5 is a high mileage vehicle, but I'm the second owner, the first owner put 90k miles on it, without any issues. The service records are flawless and the overall condition of this vehicle is really excellent, considering the mileage.
I was looking for a rare color combo and a fully equipped M5, so the higher mileage didn't pose a purchase threat to me. And even very low mileage M5 can have a huge list of issues, since regular maintenance and proper care matter most.
I also had the car inspected at my dealership, it turned out to be in excellent condition as expected!
Due to the fact that my M5 was an individual color (Frozen Blue metallic) and fully optioned (except night vision), I did pay a little premium, despite the high mileage. But I'm a truly satisfied owner and I'm approaching 100k miles, not a single hiccup thus far!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JW_ATL345.50
      10-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #14
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle95 View Post
is the car sold? lol see they took down the specific listing.....

car was mint im really not basing the car on the dealership them selfs .....
but good luck to you if purchasing
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #15
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

OK guys...
so it looks like im going to pass on the original posting
i did find another white/orange m5... deeper in new york 4 hours away....

seems ALRIGHT ... has high 100k miles but is loaded ... https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=281491434

willing to pick up as early as MONDAY....

im looking to hear of more what to look for when buying...
anyone can check to see what packages it has ? i see one far right button is blank... what is normally their?
also bottom passenger side mesh appears to be missing?

is this a good deal ... of course i want to bargain on the price...
to me its perfect ...maybe it was good i passed on the original posting white/black one...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 09:49 AM   #16
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dang that sucks, I noticed the listing is off too now.

Let me know if you're interested in mine, we can work on shipping as well (I got a preferred company)
yours is amazing
but literally out of my reach car will have to be shipped, which i don't mind
im a sucker for white/orange....
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #17
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post
I bought mine at a local dealership for high performance vehicles, they presented the car in a super clean state, inside a great garage setting, even put it on a lift for underbody inspection.
My M5 is a high mileage vehicle, but I'm the second owner, the first owner put 90k miles on it, without any issues. The service records are flawless and the overall condition of this vehicle is really excellent, considering the mileage.
I was looking for a rare color combo and a fully equipped M5, so the higher mileage didn't pose a purchase threat to me. And even very low mileage M5 can have a huge list of issues, since regular maintenance and proper care matter most.
I also had the car inspected at my dealership, it turned out to be in excellent condition as expected!
Due to the fact that my M5 was an individual color (Frozen Blue metallic) and fully optioned (except night vision), I did pay a little premium, despite the high mileage. But I'm a truly satisfied owner and I'm approaching 100k miles, not a single hiccup thus far!
wow never seen that combo before..... HOLY....
can you walk me through your thought process and how was your COMMUNICATION experince
while sitting at the finance table...
what questions did you ask... what did you look for also while purchasing mechanical and features
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #18
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Quote:
Quote:
wow never seen that combo before..... HOLY....
can you walk me through your thought process and how was your COMMUNICATION experince
while sitting at the finance table...
what questions did you ask... what did you look for also while purchasing mechanical and features
Thanks, it is pretty much a unicorn: Frozen Blue and leather Silverstone II, I get many compliments!
Well, I had the money saved up and paid outright for it, so the transaction conversation boiled down to a reasonable negotiation!
I insisted on not driving a warmed up M5, it had to be a true cold start, in order to check for irregular sounds from the engine compartment. While driving and warming up the engine, I checked all buttons and especially a smoothly shifting DCT, also use the manual shifting paddles. Then check the panel gaps all the way around, open all doors and check the trunk, even pull up all the floor mats and covers.
In my case, a thorough check of the carbon ceramic brakes was essential, insanely expensive parts!
If possible, get the car on a lift and look for undercarriage damage and leaks.
Besides the optical check, the maintenance records and a carfax report must be carefully reviewed, pay attention to required items (fluid changes, brake pads/rotors, tires).
I have a decent knowledge about BMW M in general, this fact helps a lot, so you might ask an experienced friend to join your vehicle inspection!

The car in your link is well equipped for a 13 model, even has rear entertainment and full leather. It's only missing night vision (the button you mentioned), ceramic brakes and competition package are only available model year 14 and upwards. If the mileage is in this range, maintenance records are the most important information.

IMHO, a M5 is a very reliable car, if maintained well and driven responsibly. Since some facts can't be checked easily, it's also some gambling involved. Please be aware of tremendous repair costs, if major components fail. Owning my 12th BMW M, I can tell you that it's a lot about passion and not always about reliability. My patience and wallet were tortured more than once, but being a M enthusiast and fanatic, there's only one letter in the alphabet 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #19
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, it is pretty much a unicorn: Frozen Blue and leather Silverstone II, I get many compliments!
Well, I had the money saved up and paid outright for it, so the transaction conversation boiled down to a reasonable negotiation!
I insisted on not driving a warmed up M5, it had to be a true cold start, in order to check for irregular sounds from the engine compartment. While driving and warming up the engine, I checked all buttons and especially a smoothly shifting DCT, also use the manual shifting paddles. Then check the panel gaps all the way around, open all doors and check the trunk, even pull up all the floor mats and covers.
In my case, a thorough check of the carbon ceramic brakes was essential, insanely expensive parts!
If possible, get the car on a lift and look for undercarriage damage and leaks.
Besides the optical check, the maintenance records and a carfax report must be carefully reviewed, pay attention to required items (fluid changes, brake pads/rotors, tires).
I have a decent knowledge about BMW M in general, this fact helps a lot, so you might ask an experienced friend to join your vehicle inspection!

The car in your link is well equipped for a 13 model, even has rear entertainment and full leather. It's only missing night vision (the button you mentioned), ceramic brakes and competition package are only available model year 14 and upwards. If the mileage is in this range, maintenance records are the most important information.

IMHO, a M5 is a very reliable car, if maintained well and driven responsibly. Since some facts can't be checked easily, it's also some gambling involved. Please be aware of tremendous repair costs, if major components fail. Owning my 12th BMW M, I can tell you that it's a lot about passion and not always about reliability. My patience and wallet were tortured more than once, but being a M enthusiast and fanatic, there's only one letter in the alphabet 👍🏻
thank you that's some good insight ....
the dealers rite now are playing the shortage on the out put of cars so every price is firm..
i notice the last m5 i just posted up is about 3-4k higher than avg at 108k miles...
i would love to pick it up under 30k$
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:19 PM   #20
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=274347118

another one i would ask for opinion on...
the dealer just seems confused all the time when i ask questions about this m5...
from its a pending deal to... its in service...
to its back to pending ..to back to its for sale ..back to pending....

wow just checked again it actually has a sick MSRP sticker loaded
https://monroneylabels.com/cars/1781...&v=autoholding

Last edited by Competition C; 10-04-2020 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #21
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m5 competition

Quote:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=274347118

another one i would ask for opinion on...
the dealer just seems confused all the time when i ask questions about this m5...
from its a pending deal to... its in service...
to its back to pending ..to back to its for sale ..back to pending.....
I like the fact the dealership isn't afraid to take some photos of the car, my only take away is with all the pictures I wish they took a picture of the dash with the car running. I really don't like the fact they were giving you the run around on where the car is, sounds like a salesperson might be enjoying the car so they're trying to keep you away from it for a bit. Whats up with those dents on the rear seat backs
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:42 PM   #22
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Yams View Post
I like the fact the dealership isn't afraid to take some photos of the car, my only take away is with all the pictures I wish they took a picture of the dash with the car running. I really don't like the fact they were giving you the run around on where the car is, sounds like a salesperson might be enjoying the car so they're trying to keep you away from it for a bit. Whats up with those dents on the rear seat backs
those rear dents are killing me. but once again its a used M... and pretty rare IMO with color combo with those packages the sales man was "new" and was trying really hard to help me but wasn't aware of the OG msrp sheet ha.
he said he didn't have it on hand but look its rite online ....
but the first time i spoke to them it was a pending deal i was like well im buying today... they stood by the reason.. probably for three weeks ima call again tomorrow and speak to the same sales rep that's eager...
he did admit it was in the service area or maybe it slipped out...
maybe that's why it wasn't running? but even if it was in the service i would take it has a good thing to has a issue was diagnosed
also it should come with the 30 day warranty and the way ima push it in the 30 days will be a test .....
thanks for your feed back i Appreciate it more than you think
Appreciate 0