M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

05-01-2022, 09:17 AM   #67
Anubus12
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3

I am familiar with E-sys, but not familiar with this software. May I ask what it is and where to get a copy? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 01:48 PM   #68
WordOnRoad
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70/F80

Download Bimmercode on your iPhone or tablet, buy the full version to get Expert Mode, use a compatible WiFi adapter or ENet cable.

https://bimmercode.app/
IG: 475_f80
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 02:17 PM   #69
Anubus12
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordOnRoad View Post
Download Bimmercode on your iPhone or tablet, buy the full version to get Expert Mode, use a compatible WiFi adapter or ENet cable.

https://bimmercode.app/
Thanks! Only can code in Expert Mode?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #70
WordOnRoad
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70/F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubus12 View Post
Thanks! Only can code in Expert Mode?
You can make more adjustments in Expert Mode.
IG: 475_f80
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 07:45 PM   #71
emaniat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

Here is another reboot question. So I am looking at enabling vld and anti dazzle. While in BimmerCode I do not have a Footwell nor a Front Electronic Module option, But I do have a Body Domain Controller that has a 3073 LciMaster option, but then that’s where it stops. Nothing that looks like anything above to proceed with coding. It’s a March MY22 X5 US spec build with the icon adaptive led laser headlights. Any info or assistance is appreciated.

Last edited by emaniat; 05-18-2022 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 07:22 AM   #72
emaniat
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaniat View Post
Here is another reboot question. So I am looking at enabling vld and anti dazzle. While in BimmerCode I do not have a Footwell nor a Front Electronic Module option, But I do have a Body Domain Controller that has a 3073 LciMaster option, but then that's where it stops. Nothing that looks like anything above to proceed with coding. It's a March MY22 X5 US spec build with the icon adaptive led laser headlights. Any info or assistance is appreciated.
Ok. Bimmercode just got back to me. They said the app doesn't support my MY22 X5 to recode dazzle or VLD back in on my icon adaptive led laser headlights. Does anyone know of any other iOS apps that will? I really don't want to have to go with eSys if I don't have to.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 11:26 AM   #73
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordOnRoad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyfeller View Post
Method 2:
If for some reason you don't see these parameters on expert mode for your car then try the following alternative method for coding :

Coding for 8S4 (VLD - works for both HID Xenons and LED adaptive lights):

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y > 9C,9C,9C (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_AFS_ENA > Enable (Both)

Coding for 5AP (GFHB - works for LED adaptive lights ONLY):

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ENA > Enable (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_GRHB_ENA > Highway_Standby_AFS

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA > Enable

Sorry to reboot this thread! I gave this a go last night on my 2015 F80 and got a little confused, so ended up just backing off until I got some clarification here.

Car has LEDs (5AC, 5AP, 8S4), but when I got into Expert Mode on Bimmercode, I had two options for each parameter and was not able to check both options as required per instructions above. Some values read 20, 25 or 30, so again, unsure on which to choose.

3073 LaMaster1 > LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y > 9C,9C,9C (Both)

I had two options for F020_mit_AFS 0x9C 0x9C 0x9C, but could only choose one.

3073 LaMaster1 > C_AFS_ENA > Enable (Both)

This showed F020_enable and F030_enable.

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ENA > Enable (Both)

This showed F020_enable and F030_enable.

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_GRHB_ENA > Highway_Standby_AFS
3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA > Enable

These were both fine and had one option to choose from.

Hoping for some insight from you coding gurus!
Interesting, I would have thought it would work on the F80 without a hitch. I don't know why the options are different nor do I know exactly what those particular parameters control. I'm quite sure it will work just as it does in the F10 though.

I, for one, can't advise you to play. Coding wrong can be risky. So it's better if someone with experience would chime in.
      05-23-2022, 11:35 AM   #74
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here is another reboot question. So I am looking at enabling vld and anti dazzle. While in BimmerCode I do not have a Footwell nor a Front Electronic Module option, But I do have a Body Domain Controller that has a 3073 LciMaster option, but then that's where it stops. Nothing that looks like anything above to proceed with coding. It's a March MY22 X5 US spec build with the icon adaptive led laser headlights. Any info or assistance is appreciated.
Ok. Bimmercode just got back to me. They said the app doesn't support my MY22 X5 to recode dazzle or VLD back in on my icon adaptive led laser headlights. Does anyone know of any other iOS apps that will? I really don't want to have to go with eSys if I don't have to.
Well the fact that you have the Laser lights means it's on a whole new platform/Gen of headlights. The coding parameters must be radically different.

But the headlights are definitely capable and codeable.
      05-23-2022, 12:51 PM   #75
emaniat
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well the fact that you have the Laser lights means it's on a whole new platform/Gen of headlights. The coding parameters must be radically different.

But the headlights are definitely capable and codeable.
I'm surprised that they are coded out. Biden back in Nov. of '21 signed a bill allowing adaptive headlights which include dazzle. Mine is a 22 build so it should of had them, but my build had decode for anti dazzle on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #76
Blue Angel
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

Too bad it's not up to Biden… he's just the first of many steps. There's so much red tape to cut before major changes happen to regulations it could be years before we see these technologies on North American roads.

Even though the idea generally has the go-ahead, it's not a given that the regulations will match those in another part of the world. Historically we march to our own drum here, for better or worse, which means we may see some form of advanced lighting allowed but it could still be a severely watered-down version of what is used elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 12:22 PM   #77
emaniat
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
Too bad it's not up to Biden… he's just the first of many steps. There's so much red tape to cut before major changes happen to regulations it could be years before we see these technologies on North American roads.

Even though the idea generally has the go-ahead, it's not a given that the regulations will match those in another part of the world. Historically we march to our own drum here, for better or worse, which means we may see some form of advanced lighting allowed but it could still be a severely watered-down version of what is used elsewhere.
Agreed. Tough especially when you've seen and used features in other countries and then here it's 2 steps back.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 11:50 AM   #78
automaz_
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
802012 BMW  [0.00]
How to code out adaptive headlights using bimmer code

Does anyone know how I can code out ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS on my f10 using BimmerCode. It is a 2012 535 x drive.

I went through a car wash and got the dreaded "adaptive headlight malfunction error".

My lights were hyper blinking and my passenger side halos did not work nor did the adaptive lights when I turn my wheel. However, everything was perfectly fine again after drying up but I am still getting the "adaptive headlight malfunction" error and would just like to code out adaptive headlights so I don't get the error anymore.

Thanks
      07-14-2022, 02:02 PM   #79
Chrgnthru
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

I’m trying to code anti dazzle using the provided instructions and everything goes well up until the second to last step. The highway standby option seems to be missing on my BimmerCode. VLD seems to be good to go (didn’t actually code it) but that one step doesn’t seem to be present. Am I missing something? I’ve got a new to me 2014 F10 M5 with LED lights and I do have the option that reads the speed limit signs.

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_GRHB_ENA > F025_ Highway_Standby_AFS > 0x01 (check this box)

That step is the missing one for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 01:52 PM   #80
icesupreme
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5s

Looks like the government has now allowed these to go live on road. May be dealership can code them in for you as an alternative.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 12:03 PM   #81
Blue Angel
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icesupreme View Post
Looks like the government has now allowed these to go live on road. May be dealership can code them in for you as an alternative.
That's a long ways off yet, and since it was never approved for existing cars the dealers will not be coding this in. It also requires euro headlights to work properly.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #82
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaz_ View Post
Does anyone know how I can code out ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS on my f10 using BimmerCode. It is a 2012 535 x drive.

I went through a car wash and got the dreaded "adaptive headlight malfunction error".

My lights were hyper blinking and my passenger side halos did not work nor did the adaptive lights when I turn my wheel. However, everything was perfectly fine again after drying up but I am still getting the "adaptive headlight malfunction" error and would just like to code out adaptive headlights so I don't get the error anymore.

Thanks
Sounds like there are retrofitted LED headlights installed on your car. (Just guessing because your car is a 2012. Never heard of a factory installed LED headlight system hyper blinking. That's going to happen when your flasher module is looking for a resistance load.)

There are a number of threads on the forum regarding LED headlights retrofits. A lot of info is out there about coding them in. Try reversing those steps. Or perhaps there is info addressing the exact parameters that are causing your fault in those discussion threads.
      08-11-2022, 09:02 AM   #83
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by icesupreme View Post
That's a long ways off yet, and since it was never approved for existing cars the dealers will not be coding this in. It also requires euro headlights to work properly.
Yep, as mentioned earlier in this thread, there seems to be hardware missing (baffle) to make a sharp beam cutoff. But at least the headlights do move and react as they should actively.

Some have expressed safety concerns because of the potential to create glare to oncoming drivers because of this missing baffle. I maintain what I've mentioned earlier; to this day I have yet to be "flashed" by anyone even once. And you know that most drivers won't hesitate to flash at you if your headlights make them uncomfortable or look different than the other headlights coming at them.
      08-11-2022, 09:16 AM   #84
automaz_
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
802012 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Sounds like there are retrofitted LED headlights installed on your car. (Just guessing because your car is a 2012. Never heard of a factory installed LED headlight system hyper blinking. That's going to happen when your flasher module is looking for a resistance load.)

There are a number of threads on the forum regarding LED headlights retrofits. A lot of info is out there about coding them in. Try reversing those steps. Or perhaps there is info addressing the exact parameters that are causing your fault in those discussion threads.
No my car was purchased brand new in 2012 by me lol no retrofitted lights here. The reason the hyper blinking happened was because the tms module in the headlight got water damage in it. Once the tms module got changed everything returned to normal. And the only reason the tms got water damage was because I accidentally didn't screw in the cap completely when I changed the bulb haha
      08-13-2022, 10:24 AM   #85
Blue Angel
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Some have expressed safety concerns because of the potential to create glare to oncoming drivers because of this missing baffle. I maintain what I've mentioned earlier; to this day I have yet to be "flashed" by anyone even once. And you know that most drivers won't hesitate to flash at you if your headlights make them uncomfortable or look different than the other headlights coming at them.
I've been flashed many times by oncoming traffic when my coded gfhb is engaged, and I also see plenty of light bleed illuminating the rear of the vehicle I'm following. I agree that it's definitely not as glaring to other drivers as misaligned headlights or a poor LED bulb retrofit can be, but it does not work as BMW intended it to in the markets it was intended for.

I was very close to ordering German-spec headlight assemblies for my car in order to have proper gfhb, but the cost is tremendous and the resale value of my used headlights is uncertain. For the amount of night driving I do on rural roads it's not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 10:27 AM   #86
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

No my car was purchased brand new in 2012 by me lol no retrofitted lights here. The reason the hyper blinking happened was because the tms module in the headlight got water damage in it. Once the tms module got changed everything returned to normal. And the only reason the tms got water damage was because I accidentally didn't screw in the cap completely when I changed the bulb haha
It's my understanding that the LED headlights were first developed for the LCi facelift version of the F10, which means model year 2014+ for the US market.

2012 F10s were available with either halogen or optional adaptive bi-xenon HID headlights. So yours are adaptive HIDs, not LED headlights correct? If so, the programming is different than mentioned on page 1 of this thread.
      08-16-2022, 10:33 AM   #87
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've been flashed many times by oncoming traffic when my coded gfhb is engaged, and I also see plenty of light bleed illuminating the rear of the vehicle I'm following. I agree that it's definitely not as glaring to other drivers as misaligned headlights or a poor LED bulb retrofit can be, but it does not work as BMW intended it to in the markets it was intended for.

I was very close to ordering German-spec headlight assemblies for my car in order to have proper gfhb, but the cost is tremendous and the resale value of my used headlights is uncertain. For the amount of night driving I do on rural roads it's not worth it.
Hmm. Interesting that oncoming drivers have flashed their headlights at you. Wonder why it's not happening to others or myself.

So then, are you considering reverting the coding? Because in this case, the glare could be a safety issue for other drivers.

Yeah the euro headlights are still cost prohibitive. The only lucky chance is if you happen to get a used set for cheap somehow.
      08-16-2022, 10:45 AM   #88
Blue Angel
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm. Interesting that oncoming drivers have flashed their headlights at you. Wonder why it's not happening to others or myself.

So then, are you considering reverting the coding? Because in this case, the glare could be a safety issue for other drivers.

Yeah the euro headlights are still cost prohibitive. The only lucky chance is if you happen to get a used set for cheap somehow.
I'm leaving it as is for now. If you turn the fog lights on the GFHB is deactivated and you can still use the automatic highbeams. I do use the GFHB from time to time but I remain ready to disable it if someone flashes me coming the other way, or if I'm following traffic closely.

What I really need to do is get someone else to drive my car so I can see firsthand the effect it has on oncoming traffic and traffic being followed. If I can see that there is minimal glare to other drivers then I will be much more comfortable using it. I'm not sure if the people flashing me have a legit concern or if they're just oversensitive, but I will prefer to err on the side of caution until I know for sure.

Plus I think it would just be really neat to see how the system works from somewhere other than the driver seat.
Appreciate 0