M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

12-13-2022, 07:24 AM   #1
Coady
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

M5 says it's up to date but it isn't

Hey guys,

My first post here! I'm trying to run a software update on my 2014 M5 F10. I downloaded the latest software (MN-002.255.071, TN-002.255.070) from the BMW website.
When looking up the current version in the car, it says: MN-002.018.071, TN-002.018.070. Yet, it won't update and just claims everything is up to date already.
I'd like to fix the music metadata issues that exist in my current software version so any help is more than welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Kris
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 08:19 PM   #2
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

Music metadata is handled by a gracenote database on the hard drive and not by any particular software version in the NBT. AFAIK its only use is to provide metadata and maybe album art for CD’s in the CD slot or changer. You can update the gracenote db similar to navigation maps by preparing USB stick with the appropriate file structure on it. Search on the web for this.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 01:33 AM   #3
Coady
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Hey, thanks for the reply.
The initial metadata retrieval works fine; the first song always shows all the correct information and loads album art from Gracenote. The problem is that after the first song, no new data is retrieved. There are loads of posts on the Spotify forums about this, requesting support from their end, but it's actually an issue with the BMW software. The same problem also occurs with other music streaming apps like Apple Music, SoundCloud, YouTube etc.

My maps are up-to-date with the latest available data, btw.

The release notes of the latest update actually addressed this issue:
" Clears the display of old metadata after a change of track. (independent of device)"

Which is why I would like to install the update but no luck so far.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 03:59 PM   #4
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coady View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply.
The initial metadata retrieval works fine; the first song always shows all the correct information and loads album art from Gracenote. The problem is that after the first song, no new data is retrieved. There are loads of posts on the Spotify forums about this, requesting support from their end, but it's actually an issue with the BMW software. The same problem also occurs with other music streaming apps like Apple Music, SoundCloud, YouTube etc.

My maps are up-to-date with the latest available data, btw.

The release notes of the latest update actually addressed this issue:
" Clears the display of old metadata after a change of track. (independent of device)"

Which is why I would like to install the update but no luck so far.
If you can figure out how to get this done please update the thread

It is such an annoying issue and quite ridiculous for a car like this
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 10:40 AM   #5
xxxplosity
Registered
Rep
Drives: f10 530d M Sport

Anyone solved this??

I have the exact same problem on my LCI 2014 F10. The car clearly has the older software but when i put the flashdrive with the latest it says on the screen that the software on the USB in not up to date!!!!????
Appreciate 0