M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

06-05-2019, 09:57 AM   #1
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

iDrive - 'R' gear question

Being a new F10 owner and having a small garage will be curved driveway, my biggest challenge is backing out everyday at 5.45 AM (time I have to leave for work, accounting for NYC traffic).

My question is; when I put my car in "Reverse gear", can the iDrive screen split into reverse camera and a 360/ surround / top view on the same screen?

I end up toggling between the two halfway down the driveway (just before it curves out) in an effort to avoid hitting my garbage cans.

I am not sure if this is possible via a setting in iDrive, through coding or only in an Porsche (Mrs. pTron's ride)?
      06-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

Not possible through iDrive.

Not possible through coding that I have seen. I have turned on a disabled curb detection feature but it although the indicators flicker I've not found any use for it and it just clutters the display.

I just toggle between the top view and rear view with a single push of the idrive controller, there is lag in switching views but you can toggle back and forth as much as you need to.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
rickyf10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Not possible through iDrive.

Not possible through coding that I have seen. I have turned on a disabled curb detection feature but it although the indicators flicker I've not found any use for it and it just clutters the display.

I just toggle between the top view and rear view with a single push of the idrive controller, there is lag in switching views but you can toggle back and forth as much as you need to.
Would you mind posting a pic of curb detection? I’ve never heard of that
Appreciate 0