M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-17-2021, 02:02 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Looking to acquire knowledge

Good Morning/afternoon, hope you all have had a pleasant week. I am reaching out to see if someone can point me to a DIY/How-to on creating a laptop with all the software needed to diag and repair my personal BMW's. Hoping to find a modern write that explains all the software and what platforms it will run on.

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro that I am considering running VMware Fusion VM or just go with a bootcamp partition of the supported Windows OS.

Any information would be greatly appreciated or if you know someone that provide remote fee consulting for setup I'd be interested in working with them as well. Thank you in advance.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 08:19 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Knowledge acquired!

If you are on the same hunt try checking out the following YT Video,
. They were very helpful and can't thank the operator of the channel enough.

If you are looking for coding with esys hit up Shawn, can't thank him enough as well, https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...15297&page=139

I am using a MacBook Pro and running VMware Fusion as I didn't want to deal with dual booting but my MacBook has 32 GB of RAM and 8 Cores and 1TB NVME HD so I felt like the resource split was ok in my case. Everything is running fine but I know it would likely run better as a bootcamp partition on with all the resources. I am also using an external SSD 500GB HD to store all the downloaded files on.

I allocated about 400GB of my MacBook's HD to my VM to support the full psdz data just in case I needed the capability at a later date but there is a lite version for coding.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0