M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes / Midwest / Rockies

07-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
GlazierGlaze
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi RS6

Kettle Cruise - July 30th

Join us for a Summer Cruise to historic Road America via the Scenic Kettle Moraine route. Date has been determined to be Saturday, July 30th. We will be joined by members from Audizine MW and Chicago CTS-V Club. We will be stopping for photos in Milwaukee, WI and picking up any Wisconsin based BMW, Audi, V Owners for the drive. See information regarding route below.

FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1621491611496779/

Prior cruise videos:

CRUISE FAQ/CHEAT SHEET

1.When and where is the cruise?
Cruise is scheduled to begin at 8:30AM on Saturday, July 30th. Location will be the Starbucks in Vernon Hills at Milwaukee and Half Day Road. NOTE: WE ARE LEAVING AT 8:30AM. PLEASE ARRIVE BY 8AM IF POSSIBLE. We expect to touch down at the Milwaukee Art Mueseum at 10:30AM. Photos will be taken and we will continue North to Road America!

2. How many days is the cruise? What if I want to stay overnight?
Cruise is not a two day event unless you want it to be. I am unfamilar with the area near Elkhart Lake, so I cannot provide information regarding lodging.

3. What is the time and approximate mileage of the cruise?
This cruise will be consistent with past cruises organized. We will be covering approximately 250 miles of road and a whopping 5 hours of seat time. Of those 250 miles, I can guarantee you that a good portion of them will be backroads and scenic blasts through the Wisconsin forrest and countryside.

4. What is the 1st Check Point?
Checkpoint 1: We will be launching from the Chicago meet point at the Starbucks in Vernon Hills at Milwaukee and Half Day Road.

5. What is the 2nd Check Point?
Check Point 2: We will stop at the Milwaukee Art Museum to take photos and pickup our Wisconsin people.

6. Misc. Check Points
Misc: We will stop in multiple places along the Kettle Moraine Scenic drive for photo opportunities.

7. What is the 3rd Check Point?
Check Point 3. We will end in Elkhart Lake and Road America. We will likely eat lunch in Elkhart Lake.

8. What is the planned route?
Map of the route is attached here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Vs&usp=sharing

9. Can I bring friends? What about other makes and models?
All are welcome. Cruise is open to all makes and models.

10. What about photos and videos?
Photo and Video encouraged. We will stop where available to take group photos.

11. What do I need to bring at start of cruise?
Full tank of gas. Any fluids you may need. I'd like to avoid stops so we can keep a good pace.

12. How will we communicate?
We will be using the walkie talkie app called Zello. Information can be found here: http://zello.com/
Our channel information:
Channel Name: Kettle Cruise Chicago - Summer
Password: Euro

13. Anything else?
Have fun!

PLEASE INDICATE BELOW IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING FOR HEADCOUNT PURPOSES!

Date and Time:
Saturday, July 30th.

The Meet Point:
Starbucks
Milwaukee and Half Day Road
Vernon Hills, IL

Milwaukee Art Museum
Milwaukee, WI

The Route:
The route has been expanded to increase seat time, increase route options, and increase fun. This cruise is a drivers cruise. If you do not think you will enjoy spirited driving and canyon carving atmosphere, please rethink attending. The route is very tricky, with many blind switchbacks, hill climbs, sweeping turns, and downhill sprints. The majority of the roads are very lightly traversed, so the road quality is typically very good and minimal traffic with the exception of motorcycles. We encourage all who attend to be safe but to have fun. Please obey all signage and safety concerns.

The Weather:
Cruise will be weather dependent as always.

Route Photos:

Previous Cruise Group Photos from ZaneS4:
DSC_0036 by z_petty, on Flickr

Previous Cruise Group Photos from GlazierGlaze:
122-6284 by glazierglaze, on Flickr

123-6286 by glazierglaze, on Flickr

Previous Cruise Group Photos from Bryan Miguel:
Audizine_Day2-13 by BryanMiguel, on Flickr

Audizine_Day2-15 by BryanMiguel, on Flickr

Audizine-48 by BryanMiguel, on Flickr

148 by Ryan Glazier, on Flickr

Again, this will not be/is not intended to be limited to Chicago area BMW members! If you're willing to make the trip from wherever you might be, please try to come on out! Friends and family of other make are more than welcome!

PIC AND VIDEO WHORING STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.

Again, This will be a great way to send off the summer season, meet some new friends, stretch your car's legs, and enjoy the company of your fellow automotive enthusiasts. See you out there!
Appreciate 0