M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

06-03-2021, 01:08 PM   #1
ynazir
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2012 Pre LCI

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Audio issue with Navifly Head Unit

Hey guys, this, hope you're all doing well, i have been scratching my head over an issue with the Navifly 12.5 Android 10 Head unit that i recently purchased.

First of all the car that i have is a BMW M5 2012 and i just recieved the Navifly 12.5 Android 10 Snapdragon Head unit, while the installation was a breeze, after the installation i am not getting any audio from the android OS. No music, no google maps sound, nothing. I can hear audio through BMW's own FM Radio so i assume fiber connections were ok during installation.

Now when i try to plug in the aux cable provided from the audio out behind the CIC unit to my centre console aux in, voila...i get audio. But ive seen so many people not needing to connect the seperate aux cable. Is there a way around this issue or will i HAVE to connect to the centre console aux? Thank you for any help provided and apologies for the long post

Edit: I have uploaded the App Version as well for reference
Attached Images

Last edited by ynazir; 06-03-2021 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 06:21 AM   #2
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynazir View Post
Hey guys, this, hope you're all doing well, i have been scratching my head over an issue with the Navifly 12.5 Android 10 Head unit that i recently purchased.

First of all the car that i have is a BMW M5 2012 and i just recieved the Navifly 12.5 Android 10 Snapdragon Head unit, while the installation was a breeze, after the installation i am not getting any audio from the android OS. No music, no google maps sound, nothing. I can hear audio through BMW's own FM Radio so i assume fiber connections were ok during installation.

Now when i try to plug in the aux cable provided from the audio out behind the CIC unit to my centre console aux in, voila...i get audio. But ive seen so many people not needing to connect the seperate aux cable. Is there a way around this issue or will i HAVE to connect to the centre console aux? Thank you for any help provided and apologies for the long post

Edit: I have uploaded the App Version as well for reference
I installed quite a few Android units and CIC requires AUX to be plugged in. 09/12 and later cars have NBT and the AUX is directly routed. I have a 2014 M5 with NBT, no AUX plug required. My buddy has a 2012 F10 with CIC and the wiring harness is slightly different. Just my experience!
Appreciate 0