RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

My First Weekend with Mika

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
M5 Peeps,

Hey guys, today was my first weekend that I got to enjoy with Mika, my new F10 M5. I got her back from Euro Delivery last Wednesday and it has been a crazy last few days. On Saturday we went to the car event here in San Diego. Bimmerpost Member Rob///M5 showed up and we got to do a quick photoshoot. It was a pretty great day. I also got to race my friend who owns a modded Superleggera Gallardo and I'll just say that he was not pulling away. He he!

This morning, I started up the M5 and headed for the desert mountains which is pretty much my backyard. The weather was great and the roads were nice and clear. The M5 performed like a BEAST!! I had forgotten how seriously fast this car really is. It may not have the sound of a V10 but holy moly the torque brings just as much satisfaction if not more.

After I got back from the mountains, I detailed my Mika all afternoon. I applied the Opti-Coat 2.0 today too. It is very easy to apply and I even applied it to my wheels. I will say that in general I love the 20" wheels because they are so freakin easy to clean. I was able to easily get inside the wheel well and clean all of the break dust, dirt, and grime inside of there. I will report back on how the Opti-Coat 2.0 is after it fully cures. The water should bead off of it and I should never have to wax it. For today's desert mountain run I covered portions of my front bumper with the TracWrap that I bought and it worked great. I decided to cover the bottom leading edge of the front bumper to protect it against scratches and such until I can get my clear-bra on.

I'm due to start putting my mods on within the next couple of weeks. So these pictures you see are probably going to be the last as Mika looking stock. Here are the mods that I am putting on soon.

-Matte Black Front Grills
-Matte Black Side Grills
-Matte Black Wrap on Door Chrome
-Front Reflector Delete
-ClearBra
-Window Tint
-Tint Side Turn Signal Lights
-Full RPi GT Exhaust (no resonators)
-Hartge or Eibach Springs (in 2013)

The second to last picture is my old RPi Stage 2 E60 M5, Dora compared to my new F10 M5 Mika.

I also made a quick video with my GoPro of the canyon run today. What a great first weekend!

Attached Images

Last edited by RPiM5; 11-18-2012 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
You're driving around SoCal with a Munich license plate on the back of your car. That is serious baller.

I went to that chargers stadium a few weeks ago. It's a pretty bleak sports venue but I love the desert shots.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
You're driving around SoCal with a Munich license plate on the back of your car. That is serious baller.
I'm like the Honeybadger. I just don't give a shit! LOL!

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Here's another picture from this weekend that I thought was cool. This was taken at my house.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Right on dude! Great shots and sweet video.
      11-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Everyone, for added information and clarification I am providing more info about Opti-Coat 2.0. I don't work for the company or anything but I think everyone who has a brand new F10 M5 has an opportunity to really protect the clear coat of your M5 right from the beginning of its life.

I found this thread a while back and it was the main catalyst for me going with the Opti-Coat 2.0.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232186

I did a lot of additional research and simply used YouTube to learn about the product and how to apply it.

I didn't Opti-Coat the front bumper, the side view mirrors, the headlights, or the side skirts today because those are the areas that I am planning on putting a Clear-Bra on. However, I am planning on Opti-Coating on top of those Clear-Bra areas once I get it on. This will be like putting a clearcoat on the Clear-Bra therefore offering even more protection.

I am planning on doing some tests in the near future once it fully cures. I am also going to Opti-Coat my Piano Black Interior Trim to protect it and especially help prevent scratches. I don't have any kids or a dog or anything but I think protecting the Piano Black Trim is a good idea.

The product was extremely easy to apply and like I said I even put it on my wheels. I think that its going to turn out great.

So if any of you are on the fence about using it, consider me your guinea pig.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Nice video and pics. I miss Ca
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

nice vid n cool pix, thx 4 sharin

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
nice vid n cool pix, thx 4 sharin
Thanks! I love your signature!

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Grayblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G07 X7

Where in SD is that canyon run? I need to go down there asap!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #11
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

I've seen that same Gallardo on the streets before, really really mean. Any vids of you two playing
      11-20-2012, 03:22 AM   #12
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
M5 Peeps,

Hey guys, today was my first weekend that I got to enjoy with Mika, my new F10 M5. I got her back from Euro Delivery last Wednesday and it has been a crazy last few days. On Saturday we went to the car event here in San Diego. Bimmerpost Member Rob///M5 showed up and we got to do a quick photoshoot. It was a pretty great day. I also got to race my friend who owns a modded Superleggera Gallardo and I'll just say that he was not pulling away. He he!

This morning, I started up the M5 and headed for the desert mountains which is pretty much my backyard. The weather was great and the roads were nice and clear. The M5 performed like a BEAST!! I had forgotten how seriously fast this car really is. It may not have the sound of a V10 but holy moly the torque brings just as much satisfaction if not more.

After I got back from the mountains, I detailed my Mika all afternoon. I applied the Opti-Coat 2.0 today too. It is very easy to apply and I even applied it to my wheels. I will say that in general I love the 20" wheels because they are so freakin easy to clean. I was able to easily get inside the wheel well and clean all of the break dust, dirt, and grime inside of there. I will report back on how the Opti-Coat 2.0 is after it fully cures. The water should bead off of it and I should never have to wax it. For today's desert mountain run I covered portions of my front bumper with the TracWrap that I bought and it worked great. I decided to cover the bottom leading edge of the front bumper to protect it against scratches and such until I can get my clear-bra on.

I'm due to start putting my mods on within the next couple of weeks. So these pictures you see are probably going to be the last as Mika looking stock. Here are the mods that I am putting on soon.

-Matte Black Front Grills
-Matte Black Side Grills
-Matte Black Wrap on Door Chrome
-Front Reflector Delete
-ClearBra
-Window Tint
-Tint Side Turn Signal Lights
-Full RPi GT Exhaust (no resonators)
-Hartge or Eibach Springs (in 2013)

The second to last picture is my old RPi Stage 2 E60 M5, Dora compared to my new F10 M5 Mika.

I also made a quick video with my GoPro of the canyon run today. What a great first weekend!

Cool vid and pics. Haha mika, I haven't given mine a name. She is just Mistress Singapore for right now...
      11-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #13
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayblack View Post
Where in SD is that canyon run? I need to go down there asap!
That's Anza Barrego. It's one of the most scenic roads in the SoCal region. That's only a small portion of it, but it is pretty much the best stretch of road on that section.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgthis View Post
I've seen that same Gallardo on the streets before, really really mean. Any vids of you two playing
Nope no vids really. I do have my buddy coming down from NorCal in a couple weeks and he wants to do some pulls with me. He's got an ESS VT2 E60 M5, but by the time he gets here I'll have my RPi GT Exhaust installed so it should be interesting with the expected 20-30hp I will gain from the exhaust. My buddy with the Lambo Superleggera does want to try and get some honest pulls in again in the future. So stay tuned.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

I saw you cruising in the parking lot and I was trying to find you to introduce myself, but the place was too big and it was too hot. I am getting my f10 this spring.