M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #23
NormanConquest
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Also not sure why you were cited if you crossed the intersection during a yellow. Red light cameras are set up to take two pictures. One is when the light turns red and you trip the sensor. The second is showing the light still red when you crossed the intersection. Part of the information that is collected is how fast you were going through the intersection during the violation and how long the light was red when you crossed.
No idea, it was a shit photo that they sent me while my dash camera was quite clear it was yellow and it was also clear they shorten the light time because it suppose to be 3 second for every 10mph so if your on a 55mph road it suppose to be at 16 seconds between yellow to red while on the recording it was clear they set it to 9. It also the reason why the intersection is question had a massive spike in rear end accident due to people suddenly breaking from the length of yellow being so drastically reduce.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #24
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
You know in all these cases you have to take time off of work to fight an automatic system that lack human judgement.
weird cause i just send back the ticket with the excuse as to why i got captured or why it isnt me. takes only a few minutes to write it out and send

#judy4prez
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #25
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
No idea, it was a shit photo that they sent me while my dash camera was quite clear it was yellow and it was also clear they shorten the light time because it suppose to be 3 second for every 10mph so if your on a 55mph road it suppose to be at 16 seconds between yellow to red while on the recording it was clear they set it to 9. It also the reason why the intersection is question had a massive spike in rear end accident due to people suddenly breaking from the length of yellow being so drastically reduce.
i believe the driving handbook says to not try to beat the yellow light.

time to just own up to it and move along

#judy4prez
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #26
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Someone who is wealthy generally don't drive and if they did the fine would not bother them.
In europe, if you drive too fast, it will be registred, and at some point your license will be revoked. That hurts everyone just as much. Anyhow, getting that fine is a choice, regardless if you're poor or rich, so its a bullshit argument.

Quote:
In America we believe in facing our accuser and a camera isn't an accuser nor has the ability to have judgement as too all the various other factors.
I'm sure in America the camera doesn't write the fine but it's done with concent of a person. And you can always appeal to that at the autohorities (judge or whatever) if you're in that situation that you had to run the light (like for instance to give way to emergency vehicles; I'm sure a judge will understand that).

The point is that if red light cameras are installed, the chance that you get away with it, running a red light for no reason, gets much bigger. Then you don't have to pay up for your actions like a little weasel. That's what the yellow vests really motivates in this matter. Does that motivates you too? Seems it does....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-14-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #27
NormanConquest
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
theres only a couple states where camera tickets go on your driving record. IIRC new jersey is not one of them.

What probably happened, was, instead of paying the ticket like a normal person, he was a dick in court and the judge decided to stick it to him. Based on this thread, im 99% sure this happened.
Excuse me sir, but your innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. The default stance shouldnt be just pay the ticket and shut up.
Appreciate 0