BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
G-M5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 , 2019 M5 , 2022 X5 M5

Bumper Scrapes

So for some reason decided to look under the car and found the plastic engine cover was cracked... $330 to get it replaced with oem part. And saw some nasty scrapes. First BMW and yes, first car that is lowered like that from factory. Im second owner and just got the car few months ago. Still learning how to daily drive cars that are so lowered. Was quoted $550 to repaint and fix all the bottom bumper scrapes. Worth it??? I know there is no way to avoid them completely but i know they are there and i cant stand any scratches on such a gorgeous car
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #2
luv135i
Major
Rep
Drives: White

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-M5 View Post
So for some reason decided to look under the car and found the plastic engine cover was cracked... $330 to get it replaced with oem part. And saw some nasty scrapes. First BMW and yes, first car that is lowered like that from factory. Im second owner and just got the car few months ago. Still learning how to daily drive cars that are so lowered. Was quoted $550 to repaint and fix all the bottom bumper scrapes. Worth it??? I know there is no way to avoid them completely but i know they are there and i cant stand any scratches on such a gorgeous car
Not worth it because it will happen again.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 03:32 AM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-M5 View Post
That's one of the reasons I skipped the comp pack car and went norm.Raised kerbs,road humps,raised driveways etc and the odd foreign object in the road are bad news for comp suspension.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 04:50 AM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

If it's just cracked some judicious glueing of a plastic strengthening strip on the inside may save you a bunch of money.I would suggest some gorilla glue and only you would know about it!
Appreciate 0