M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

11-30-2017, 04:48 AM   #23
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

I like the color of that one. Vic what was that circle In the rear quarter panel? Is that a side camera?

Country run
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #24
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
I like the color of that one. Vic what was that circle In the rear quarter panel? Is that a side camera?
Yes Brian, this thing has cameras galore and the back up visuals are so nice.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #25
gsc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Turbo

Car looks fantastic. Will you keep any of the other AMG's you have>
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 11:01 AM   #26
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc View Post
Car looks fantastic. Will you keep any of the other AMG's you have>
Ill keep the Black Series and the GTS.

Thanks...for the compliments.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 10:04 PM   #27
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Henry take one for spin but push it- I mean really push it and you will be impressed. Then add in the beauty of the dual screens and interior amenities and its the ticket. But I wont discount my RS7; it rained on Monday and I was driving that fucker like no tomorrow with zero wheel spin.
I’m stuck with a decision man .....always wanted a 458 Spider even trade for my RS. Spider is 2013 4K miles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 11:11 PM   #28
momos750
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5, 2011 750Li

GT3RS should maintain value better than a spider. I agree though, every man should own at least one Ferrari in their life. Why not enjoy both?
      12-01-2017, 03:40 AM   #29
gmfive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 AW

Garage List
2014 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Vic well done and it looks good. This is the first MB I said I would buy.
Henry take one for spin but push it- I mean really push it and you will be impressed. Then add in the beauty of the dual screens and interior amenities and its the ticket. But I wont discount my RS7; it rained on Monday and I was driving that fucker like no tomorrow with zero wheel spin.
Love everything about your new beast. Not so sure about that graphic on the doors closer to the sills - what's that? I also find it a bit over the top on the gt3rs. Purely subjective opinion.

How is the stock exhaust on it? I need to take it for a spin one of these days.
      12-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #30
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I’m stuck with a decision man .....always wanted a 458 Spider even trade for my RS. Spider is 2013 4K miles.
Henry its my firm opinion that all good men should own a Ferrari at some point. The 458 is amazing in sound, looks, and just feel. Yes its slower than the 488 but its a different price point. Now you add the Spider option and the car becomes a dual purpose exotic. Its not about the best on the track or fastest from a dig, this is a just a sense of ownership car. With 4k miles but a 2013, the car is out of warranty so I would opt for one if you get it. 458 Spiders have actually done pretty well in the depreciation curve even with the 488 release and with the lower miles you will get a well conditioned car. My only issue with both of my Ferraris is I found myself not always opting to drive them because I was lazy and just needed to take a car to run errands or hit the mall. But for a weekend cruiser I dont think the value of this one can be beat. Drive the car and let me know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfive View Post
Love everything about your new beast. Not so sure about that graphic on the doors closer to the sills - what's that? I also find it a bit over the top on the gt3rs. Purely subjective opinion.

Thanks gmfive, so the decals are part of the Edition 1 package on the car. I can remove them but for now Im going to keep the model intact based on delivery. The stock exhaust (pics posted in my og post) is very strong, its basically dp's, post cats, and then cans with a valving system. Its got an amazing grunt down low but even moreso when Im on it at WOT. I dont think there is much I can do to get it louder. In the DB test via the Lightning Lap at VIR; the E63S was the loudest of all the cars. Thats something I like
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 01:07 AM   #31
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Henry its my firm opinion that all good men should own a Ferrari at some point. The 458 is amazing in sound, looks, and just feel. Yes its slower than the 488 but its a different price point. Now you add the Spider option and the car becomes a dual purpose exotic. Its not about the best on the track or fastest from a dig, this is a just a sense of ownership car. With 4k miles but a 2013, the car is out of warranty so I would opt for one if you get it. 458 Spiders have actually done pretty well in the depreciation curve even with the 488 release and with the lower miles you will get a well conditioned car. My only issue with both of my Ferraris is I found myself not always opting to drive them because I was lazy and just needed to take a car to run errands or hit the mall. But for a weekend cruiser I dont think the value of this one can be beat. Drive the car and let me know!!!

Thanks gmfive, so the decals are part of the Edition 1 package on the car. I can remove them but for now Im going to keep the model intact based on delivery. The stock exhaust (pics posted in my og post) is very strong, its basically dp's, post cats, and then cans with a valving system. Its got an amazing grunt down low but even moreso when Im on it at WOT. I dont think there is much I can do to get it louder. In the DB test via the Lightning Lap at VIR; the E63S was the loudest of all the cars. Thats something I like

Vic, I love this thing can’t believe the sounds of this thing. Hate to say it not missing the RS, but I know I can get a .2 RS. F car was a smoking deal zero out of pocket for the RS and got cash back. (:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5essex640.50
      12-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #32
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Joining the E63 AMG S team soon. Pulled the trigger on a black base model here in Brazil (Brazilian base model comes standard with most of the options like night package, premium package, acoustic comfort package, and 3 zone package, it just misses multicontour seats (US$ 9.000 option), soft close doors (US$ 2000 option LOL) or performance seats, rear shade and seat heating (can not option any of these two), carbon ceramics (US$ 30.000 option hahaha) and 3D Sound (another US$30.000 option)). Now I have to wait a month or so until it comes (it is a dealer car) although if I ordered one I would have to wait 7 months. AMG really does not give a shit about Brazilian buyers, since we can not order for half of the options (only black leather seats and carbon fibre interior), the option prices are ridiculous and worst yet, the base price for a dealer car is US$ 200.000 (with negotiation), but if you order the base price is US$ 224.000. Besides the extra price, if you order for options we have to wait until death to get the car.

All dealer cars are Obsidian black, with black leather and standard 20in wheels. I wanted a Seletine Magno Grey with the 20in matte black wheel, multi contour seats and soft close doors (besides the rear seat shit) but I couldn't be bothered to pay US$ 255.000 for the car and wait for 7 months. I am definitely a very happy camper even with a base model dealer car. I just love this car, I can't stop thinking about it even though I love my M6 GC. Let's just hope the ownership experience is as good as my first contact with the car was.

Last edited by CarlosM4; 12-02-2017 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Messes up the US$ to Reais conversion
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #33
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Vic, I love this thing can’t believe the sounds of this thing. Hate to say it not missing the RS, but I know I can get a .2 RS. F car was a smoking deal zero out of pocket for the RS and got cash back. (:
Oh man, what a car... Im glad you did it and Im sure you get it when I say its a sense of ownership/accomplishment in getting one. Be sure to post more pics and thoughts please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Joining the E63 AMG S team soon. Pulled the trigger on a black base model here in Brazil (Brazilian base model comes standard with most of the options like night package, premium package, acoustic comfort package, and 3 zone package, it just misses multicontour seats (US$ 9.000 option), soft close doors (US$ 2000 option LOL) or performance seats, rear shade and seat heating (can not option any of these two), carbon ceramics (US$ 30.000 option hahaha) and 3D Sound (another US$30.000 option)). Now I have to wait a month or so until it comes (it is a dealer car) although if I ordered one I would have to wait 7 months. AMG really does not give a shit about Brazilian buyers, since we can not order for half of the options (only black leather seats and carbon fibre interior), the option prices are ridiculous and worst yet, the base price for a dealer car is US$ 200.000 (with negotiation), but if you order the base price is US$ 224.000. Besides the extra price, if you order for options we have to wait until death to get the car.

All dealer cars are Obsidian black, with black leather and standard 20in wheels. I wanted a Seletine Magno Grey with the 20in matte black wheel, multi contour seats and soft close doors (besides the rear seat shit) but I couldn't be bothered to pay US$ 255.000 for the car and wait for 7 months. I am definitely a very happy camper even with a base model dealer car. I just love this car, I can't stop thinking about it even though I love my M6 GC. Let's just hope the ownership experience is as good as my first contact with the car was.
Wow, Carlos, I feel for you in regards to pricing and availability but you will be so happy upon delivery. In reality the base model carries all the performance options sans CCBS.

I have the acoustic package and kinda wish I didnt. It tends to isolate a little bit of the exhaust noise- not alot but just a bit. Last night my lady friend was rev'ing it while I was outside of the car so I could hear the exhaust. Wow this thing is crazy loud with barks and pops. I guess at VIR under the Lightning Lap test it was the loudest car at WOT.
Appreciate 2
CarlosM4399.00
Bimmer6631.50
      12-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #34
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Oh man, what a car... Im glad you did it and Im sure you get it when I say its a sense of ownership/accomplishment in getting one. Be sure to post more pics and thoughts please.

Wow, Carlos, I feel for you in regards to pricing and availability but you will be so happy upon delivery. In reality the base model carries all the performance options sans CCBS.

I have the acoustic package and kinda wish I didnt. It tends to isolate a little bit of the exhaust noise- not alot but just a bit. Last night my lady friend was rev'ing it while I was outside of the car so I could hear the exhaust. Wow this thing is crazy loud with barks and pops. I guess at VIR under the Lightning Lap test it was the loudest car at WOT.
Yeah I was not too keen on the Acoustic Comfort Package option, but it comes as standard here and I believe in Europe as well (even if you order). I just wish I could have the ventilated seats because it makes a pretty big difference on summer, nevertheless my current M6 doesn't have it and I can live without it. I also wanted the Selenite Grey Magno colour too and that awesome combination of brown interior with brown dinamica headlinger and S-Class flowing line woods, but since I can't have it, screw it LOL.

The sheer pleasure of driving this car, made me ignore all these little niggles. By the way, like you mentioned the exhaust on the E63 is the loudest among all 4.0TT AMGs. It is obscene and ridiculous that they fitted such a loud exhaust on an executive saloon. It made everyone deaf on the dealership yesterday.This is good for us car enthusiasts though our neighbours probably hate us hahhaha.

I am trying to schedule for a test-drive here to get a feel for the car on normal roads and conditions (since Brazilian roads are worse than the moon soil to ride on), but AMG has a ridiculous policy of not allowing test-drives here. But frankly I am happy that will be able to get my E 63 and enjoy it everyday all day.
This car is just an awesome daily driver, awesome build quality, incredible grip and performance, and great comfort. What more can you want from a car?

It made my M6 GC feel bland, a bit sluggish, boring and old. And the M6 is still 3 cuts above of pretty much everything I owned before (M5 F10, CLS 63, W212 E 63, W204 C 63, M3 E90).

Last edited by CarlosM4; 12-02-2017 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #35
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Great purchase Vic. Awesome bit of kit. Congrats
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #36
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Yeah I was not too keen on the Acoustic Comfort Package option, but it comes as standard here and I believe in Europe as well (even if you order). I just wish I could have the ventilated seats because it makes a pretty big difference on summer, nevertheless my current M6 doesn't have it and I can live without it. I also wanted the Selenite Grey Magno colour too and that awesome combination of brown interior with brown dinamica headlinger and S-Class flowing line woods, but since I can't have it, screw it LOL.

The sheer pleasure of driving this car, made me ignore all these little niggles. By the way, like you mentioned the exhaust on the E63 is the loudest among all 4.0TT AMGs. It is obscene and ridiculous that they fitted such a loud exhaust on an executive saloon. It made everyone deaf on the dealership yesterday.This is good for us car enthusiasts though our neighbours probably hate us hahhaha.

I am trying to schedule for a test-drive here to get a feel for the car on normal roads and conditions (since Brazilian roads are worse than the moon soil to ride on), but AMG has a ridiculous policy of not allowing test-drives here. But frankly I am happy that will be able to get my E 63 and enjoy it everyday all day.
This car is just an awesome daily driver, awesome build quality, incredible grip and performance, and great comfort. What more can you want from a car?

It made my M6 GC feel bland, a bit sluggish, boring and old. And the M6 is still 3 cuts above of pretty much everything I owned before (M5 F10, CLS 63, W212 E 63, W204 C 63, M3 E90).
We have had a lot of the same cars/similar from the list you gave above:

2 F10 M5's
F13 M6
2012 CLS63
2012 E63 Estate
2012 C63 Black Series (still have)
2009 E92 M3

and I agree its that much better. Granted it is almost 2018 and cars should be better but I have a good recollection of the cars I listed above when I got them and how they compared to their competition at the time. This car is the machine of machines. I really wonder how BMW will deliver with the F90 M5?
Appreciate 1
CarlosM4399.00
      12-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #37
somer
Major
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

This is all you Vic55

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #38
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by somer View Post
This is all you Vic55
Damnnnnn and that was on the street and who knows what the conditions were...... thanks brother
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #39
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Damnnnnn and that was on the street and who knows what the conditions were...... thanks brother
And warrantied iirc when installed at your local MB dealership!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #40
phil_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

The F90 must be really under rated, HP wise, if it's trapping close to this modded E63S.
      12-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #41
josec70
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22' Individual Chalk M5C

Coincidentally, while in NY for work earlier today, I saw an E63S AMG in a parking garage and have to say I was really impressed by the styling of the car and overall looks. It was the exact Edition1 color that Vic55 just picked up.

Not sure if it’s that I’m on my 2nd F10 M5 or that I’m simply not all that inspired by the new F90 but after seeing it in person I’m leaning towards MB; this may obviously change once I see an F90 in person.

First world problems ..
GONE: 13' F10 M5|SG|BLACK|AKRA|KW|IND
LONG GONE: 09' E60 M5|02' E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #42
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by momos750 View Post
GT3RS should maintain value better than a spider. I agree though, every man should own at least one Ferrari in their life. Why not enjoy both?
I have a motto when you run out of garage space you have too many cars. RS deserves a lot of track time not like the Spider. I enjoyed the RS, but the Spider is a fun car to drive casually. I can always get and RS, but you can’t always get a 458 V8 redline 9k RPM. Don’t buy cars for what they might be worth(:
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #43
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfive View Post

Sorry don’t follow graphic on the door? If you’re referring to the Fcar it’s the Ferrari emblem that comes with the car it’s not yellow like most. It’s carbon to match the. The RS is an over the top car to race and it’s an RS it’s not a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #44
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry don’t follow graphic on the door? If you’re referring to the Fcar it’s the Ferrari emblem that comes with the car it’s not yellow like most. It’s carbon to match the. The RS is an over the top car to race and it’s an RS it’s not a daily driver.
That was quoted to me as my car has graphics from the Edition 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
The F90 must be really under rated, HP wise, if it's trapping close to this modded E63S.
FYI the E63S and the F90 are both coming in around 126-127mph stock traps. The gains in the tune are very conservative or 70hp/70tq which puts that one test right at 130 mph. The difference will be if the F90 will even have a readily available tune?

Last edited by Vic55; 12-06-2017 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0