Bang & Olufsen Top-HiFi Retrofit - Complete Wiring Harness

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 750.00

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Had 2, one sold, one remaining.

This harness is complete with all necessary wiring, and plugs to support an HK or B&O system. No wire cutting or splicing, everything is plug and play, with a few pins that simply slide into the back of your existing connectors.

All plugs and wire ends (pins) are individually labeled making the install a breeze. All wiring and plugs are OEM BMW, not some make shift harness that uses "Repair connectors" (teal colored).

It's prewired to accommodate ambient lighting within the speaker grilles, even though F10's don't have that feature (aside from the front door tweeters), the 6 & 7-Series have ambient lighting behind each B&O speaker cover so this harness is cross compatible between 5/6/7-Series Fxx Platforms.

Harness is $750 shipped with included additional support if needed.

AVAILABLE OPTIONS

- Individual parts of the wiring, even plugs. Let me know what you need.

- Installation Service

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
ttt
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #3
pf10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 535xi

Still available?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

I DID THIS retrofit on my 2013 550 with Igor actually. If you buy the harness and need some pointers, let me know. I think I am the only person in US to do retrofit. You will need to pull the entire interior, front dash, trunk everything.

You will need to upgrade power wire from rear fuse box over to a direct connection to the battery. And KNOW THIS, you MUST get your amp VIN CODED to car! Otherwise you will get a random POP POP POP which is the main ECU looking for your old amp and sending a reset signal. BimmerTech will do this for 100 dolllars. You will also have to VO code all your other ECUS

Basically 2 wires to connect to car in the front and plug and play in back if you have Harmon kardon setup.

Also keep in mind there is a purple/yellow power wire for LED in center front speaker which you will have to splice and run to each front door panel to light up tweeters. You will also want to purchase all B and O speakers and Grills to enjoy the full sound experience.

Pretty easy setup, but the removal process is a tedious process since you have to pull seats, all trim, carpet, center console and entire front dash to run wires and install center pop up speaker.

Good luck on your retrofit if you buy harness.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
pf10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
I DID THIS retrofit on my 2013 550 with Igor actually. If you buy the harness and need some pointers, let me know. I think I am the only person in US to do retrofit. You will need to pull the entire interior, front dash, trunk everything.

You will need to upgrade power wire from rear fuse box over to a direct connection to the battery. And KNOW THIS, you MUST get your amp VIN CODED to car! Otherwise you will get a random POP POP POP which is the main ECU looking for your old amp and sending a reset signal. BimmerTech will do this for 100 dolllars. You will also have to VO code all your other ECUS

Basically 2 wires to connect to car in the front and plug and play in back if you have Harmon kardon setup.

Also keep in mind there is a purple/yellow power wire for LED in center front speaker which you will have to splice and run to each front door panel to light up tweeters. You will also want to purchase all B and O speakers and Grills to enjoy the full sound experience.

Pretty easy setup, but the removal process is a tedious process since you have to pull seats, all trim, carpet, center console and entire front dash to run wires and install center pop up speaker.

Igor is the hardest person to get in contact with these days. But I am interested in getting this done. Another member retrofitted the HK system. I found some matching rear door panels with the speaker slot.

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1506984
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 06:02 AM   #6
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf10 View Post
Igor is the hardest person to get in contact with these days. But I am interested in getting this done. Another member retrofitted the HK system. I found some matching rear door panels with the speaker slot.

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1506984
Ha ha, yes he has good parts but the above comment is an understatement.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

If someone is looking to do the Harmon upgrade, I have my old AMP from car with 20k miles on it and I have all the door speaker covers. Also have the Bang and Oulfsen Subs as. I ended up with two pair during my speaker upgrade search. As a note, when you retrofit the B and O speaker grills, you will have to pre drill all of the grills and then there are brass screws from Home Depot that work perfect for attaching to door panels. PM me if you want advice and details

And yes, Igor is in transition right now from NJ back to NY. I have been trying to reach him for a couple months myself. Maybe once the dust settles he will show back up somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
kefler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5m / Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post

He was responsive before the sale, but after I sent funds went dark for weeks, only popping up to say he had shipped already probably, or will in a day or two. Never did ship anything.

I finally had to go through paypal to get my money back 6+ weeks later. Maybe this is just my experience but wanted to chime in with a fair warning.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 06:17 AM   #9
pf10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post

He was responsive before the sale, but after I sent funds went dark for weeks, only popping up to say he had shipped already probably, or will in a day or two. Never did ship anything.

I finally had to go through paypal to get my money back 6+ weeks later. Maybe this is just my experience but wanted to chime in with a fair warning.
I'm pretty sure he's just real busy. He has helped me many times for years and I've met with him and got parts for both my BMW and Infiniti. He would never scam you.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #10
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Quote:

Anyways, for now, I have no idea where Igor is. I hope he comes back online and resolves all outstanding purchases with his customers and friends.
Same happened to me but after several months he finally sent me my parts. Pretty ridiculous experience...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:01 PM   #11
kayhusf06
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:

Hi

You might be able to help.

I have bmw f06 with the whole oem bang and olufsen system. I want to transfer the system on to a another bmw f06 which has HK system.

How can I fit the bang and olufsen in the HK set up with like wiring conversion kits. Without striping the car and getting all the wires out from the old car and then same on the new.

Any Advise/guidance? I dont want to send the old f06 to the scrap yard with bang and olufsen in it lool
Appreciate 0