M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

07-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #1
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Questions for music

- does the flash drive need to be NTFS or FAT33 format to load the music? Would it be through the USB port in the glove box?

I have an iPhone 6 plus, iPod nano, and BMW's universal adapter for iPhone 6 plus (paid $190 for it at the Welt). My iPhone is Bluetooth paired with the car. And it is also in the adapter for charging (so music plays through the hard wire of the adapter Instead of Bluetooth). Following 2 questions are based on this setup.

- if I have the phone connected through the bracket adapter (bmw's universal adapter bracket for iPhone 6 plus), can I also plug in an iPod through the other sub port in the armrest? Will I drive recognize music on my iPhone 6 plus and iPod at the same time then?

- what if the bracket is attached, but phone is not hooked up into the bracket - then will the car recognize both iPhone (through Bluetooth), and iPod?

- is there any way to rip the music from iPod straight into the car's HD?

- activated my Sirius XM couple of days ago. It sounds horrible. Very flat and tinnish. I have B&O. When I play music through my iPhone, it's great. Is Sirius XM just low quality stream? What EQ settings do you guys use?

- BMW Apps has good radio station. But I believe it uses data from my iPhone. Anyone have an idea of what is the rate of data consumption if you use this service? Can it be coded to use the car's telematics instead of my iPhone?

Thanks
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
Thor2j
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Garage List
2015 M5  [0.00]
Most channels on xm are horribly compressed.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
phil_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
- is there any way to rip the music from iPod straight into the car's HD?
You don't need to rip the music. The Apple format m4a is compatible with the entertainment system. I just copy my songs from iTunes (Literally right-click / copy) and just paste them on a usb stick. Then just import.

There might be a way to import from an ipod / iphone, I no longer own one so I couldn't tell you.
Appreciate 0