M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-16-2022, 06:50 PM   #1
BMWSauberF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Car won't start after flashing BM3 Stage 1

Hi I just purchased a BM3 license and tried to flash it today but after flashing it on multiple computers using the force unlock and regular flashing options it still won't turn on it cranks but won't turn on until I flash back to the stock map then it turns over.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 04:23 AM   #2
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSauberF1 View Post
Hi I just purchased a BM3 license and tried to flash it today but after flashing it on multiple computers using the force unlock and regular flashing options it still won't turn on it cranks but won't turn on until I flash back to the stock map then it turns over.
Need more context and details of what's going on
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #3
BMWSauberF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstm5 View Post
Quote:
After flashing the tune the car won't turn over. After several tries with multiple computers. I always have to end up flashing the stock map back for it to be able to start again.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 08:40 PM   #4
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 m340ix

open up a ticket w/ PFT support. they'll square you away and quick. make sure you have teamviewer on your computer/device in case they need to remote in. gl.
      09-19-2022, 11:20 PM   #5
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
After flashing the tune the car won't turn over. After several tries with multiple computers. I always have to end up flashing the stock map back for it to be able to start again.
Does the tune complete ? Does it stop half way?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 02:38 AM   #6
Jus.Static
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Garage List
2016 BMW M5  [9.33]
A buddy of mine had the same problem on his F8X, make sure you use a trickle charger so the battery gets enough juice and doesn't end up dying out. That worked for him but contact support and they shall square you away as well
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 02:41 AM   #7
BMWSauberF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Does the tune complete ? Does it stop half way?
No it was completing. They just ended up having me do the force flash option and flashing it twice in a row I believe they said they made a change to a file for me as well. But after flashing it back to back with the tune it works. I just have a bunch of misfires now once I'm WOT over about 4k rpm so I just ordered some new NGK's and will be gapping them to .22 and installing tomorrow.
Appreciate 0