M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

04-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Easy lifting for home maintenance

I just learned of this product in a posting from m5james a week or so ago, and it looked like something that would be useful to me. I ordered the 5000EXT car lift from QuickJack.com and it fits the M5 perfectly. The set up of the lift is easy, and if you need help there is a how-to on the QuickJack site.

With the narrow rubber pad on the lift it takes the car to 18" off the ground at the lift's highest point. With the thicker rubber pad it would be another inch higher. The quick disconnect hydraulic hoses are very convenient and not a drop of fluid is spilled when connecting or disconnecting. You may leave the car raised with the locking bars in place and disconnect the hydraulic lines for prolonged storage. It is very stable when lifted and I feel safe working under the car.

It's worth checking out if you do your own maintenance at home.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
3thirty5
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
I was just looking into this a while back, and was debating this model would be the best for the M5. I figure it would be the 5000EXT. Thanks for the feedback! Is it true that you need a compressor to get it setup for the first time?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirty5 View Post
Is it true that you need a compressor to get it setup for the first time?
It's not essential, it only takes 50 psi to charge the cylinders so you could use a good hand pump. I've only used the lift a few times so far, but it's much easier than the two floor jacks and jack stands I used before.
Appreciate 0