Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Well- My oil pump arrived but my car is still a month away

Just got a call from my CA.

They received my oil pump but my car is still on the ocean.
      10-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 M Sport, 2015 M4 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
Just got a call from my CA.

They received my oil pump but my car is still on the ocean.
lets swap!!! my car is at the port and needs a pump!! eheh
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
cnicholson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

KK: You on the Fidelio?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 M Sport, 2015 M4 Vert

Im serious!! Haha my car will be in on Monday but there is no pump to install
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnicholson
KK: You on the Fidelio?
Nope.

My car is on cepheus leader.

Arrive on 10/24
      10-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradone1
Im serious!! Haha my car will be in on Monday but there is no pump to install
You can try call my dealer.

Weatherford BMW

I can talk to my ca too
      10-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Racer Louis
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Nope.

Arrive on 10/24
My car is on the Cepheus Leader as well. I'm hoping it arrives at Port Hueneme on 10/24, it left Bremerhaven 3 days late.

Of course another variable that I haven't seen discussed much is how long a car may remain in the VPC/VDC. It is possible that it could get out in one day but that is pretty rare. More typical is 3-4 days and up to two weeks is not impossible depending on how many vessels with BMWs unload within a few days and how backed up the VDC gets. Luckily, this is pretty rare as well. U. S. Customs also can hold any car for whatever time they want. BMW works with the Customs people to minimize the time.

What needs to be done to any car and the timing of that work with the next Waggoners truck that is going to the dealer could affect how long before your car gets on its way. For me, it will take them longer to put my car on the truck than it will for the truck to drive to my dealer; he's 10 minutes away from the VDC. I offered to come pick it up, I live about 15 minutes down a fun driving road, from the VDC. They won't do this as BMW actually sold the car to my dealer, not me, and they're obligated to deliver it to him. In addition, the dealer has some last steps to perform, like installing the license frames, washing the car and installing any dealer-installed accessories (in my case, wheel locks).

In the end, all we can do is wait!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Louis
Quote:
Nope.

Arrive on 10/24
My car is on the Cepheus Leader as well. I'm hoping it arrives at Port Hueneme on 10/24, it left Bremerhaven 3 days late.

Of course another variable that I haven't seen discussed much is how long a car may remain in the VPC/VDC. It is possible that it could get out in one day but that is pretty rare. More typical is 3-4 days and up to two weeks is not impossible depending on how many vessels with BMWs unload within a few days and how backed up the VDC gets. Luckily, this is pretty rare as well. U. S. Customs also can hold any car for whatever time they want. BMW works with the Customs people to minimize the time.

What needs to be done to any car and the timing of that work with the next Waggoners truck that is going to the dealer could affect how long before your car gets on its way. For me, it will take them longer to put my car on the truck than it will for the truck to drive to my dealer; he's 10 minutes away from the VDC. I offered to come pick it up, I live about 15 minutes down a fun driving road, from the VDC. They won't do this as BMW actually sold the car to my dealer, not me, and they're obligated to deliver it to him. In addition, the dealer has some last steps to perform, like installing the license frames, washing the car and installing any dealer-installed accessories (in my case, wheel locks).

In the end, all we can do is wait!
Not to go off topic. But a bmw pdi pre delivery inspection takes anout an hour. They do alot more to a car when it comes off the truck to get ot ready for the customer then screw on plate frames.

Remove battery disconnects. Clear faults. Load nav maps. Remove suspension blocks. Plastic wrap. Function tests calibrations. Removable trim installed. Mats. State inspection. Wash. Tire pressures. Gas. Test drive. And a few others. Just an fyi. Enjoy the new car u lucky bastard