M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #23
Soofy
Carholics
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 GT3

I get that, but still how you guys can just putting numbers out there with no testing the actual turbos on the car? :, at least shows some real number and say ( yeah we made 900whp on stock engine NOW Wait for other results with rebuild motors.
Z4 GT3 BodyKit | Pure Turbos | Fuel It | LiteSpeed Racing Wheels | GT250 APR Performance Wing | Studio RSR Rollbar | GTHAUS Meisterschaft turbo back | DinMann CF parts | RECARO CS Sportster | JB4 | CSF Cooling System | Full Custom interior | 2M AutoWerks | Viral vinyl werks | Toyo Tires | Ceramic Pro | Oneighty NYC | DOC Race | M3/M4 BBK | SSP Upgraded Clutches | Custom Coilovers with Hydraulift System By Status Gruppe |
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #24
Weistec Engineering
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Weistec BMW Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soofy View Post
I get that, but still how you guys can just putting numbers out there with no testing the actual turbos on the car? :, at least shows some real number and say ( yeah we made 900whp on stock engine NOW Wait for other results with rebuild motors.
Real world numbers will be shown soon, as mentioned in previous posts. Until then, they are Garrett GTX Gen 2 based turbos. It is very easy to verify what they are capable of, per Garrett's rating as well as what the turbos make on similar displacement engines.

Last edited by Weistec Engineering; 03-14-2018 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #25
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Great to see Weistec here and hopefully more options in the future to choose from. I understand these are full replacement and merit a higher price but not looking forward to another manufacturer that assumes M drivers all make $200k a year or are willing to drop nearly $20k on a turbo upgrade. I'm very much looking forward to a comparable product to Pure and putting your company reputation and R&D behind it. Welcome to the BMW community.
      03-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #26
Weistec Engineering
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Great to see Weistec here and hopefully more options in the future to choose from. I understand these are full replacement and merit a higher price but not looking forward to another manufacturer that assumes M drivers all make $200k a year or are willing to drop nearly $20k on a turbo upgrade. I'm very much looking forward to a comparable product to Pure and putting your company reputation and R&D behind it. Welcome to the BMW community.
Thank you

That is exactly why we will also be offering an impeller upgrade for the stock turbos as well. Not everyone wants to go all out and surely many people prefer the stealthy look of stock housing turbos.

We are also, depending on demand, considering offering a trade in program for those that want to trade in their stock turbos to receive a discount on the W.4 turbos.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #27
BMWAUDIO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Frozen Gray , 997 C4S

Why are you guys beating them up on price
pure stage 2 turbos are $4995 + 4600 core
$9595
then add in the cost for a good pair of downpipes

so the price is justified in my mind
$11995 includes New Red Coated Turbos , downpipes and stainless steel braided lines ,
its really not that much more and you are getting BRAND NEW TURBOS not just rebuild ones

keep up the great work i think what most people here want is for you guys to just put the car on a dyno and see what it can do with no additional mods just your turbos , downpipes and tune you offer recomend .

then add in the methanol kit and post the improvements

Curious what methanol kit is used and how it is controlled ?
thanks
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #28
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAUDIO View Post
$9595

$11995 includes New Red Coated Turbos , downpipes and stainless steel braided lines ,
its really not that much more and you are getting BRAND NEW TURBOS not just rebuild ones

keep up the great work i think what most people here want is for you guys to just put the car on a dyno and see what it can do with no additional mods just your turbos , downpipes and tune you offer recomend .

thanks
It's thousands more than a comparable kit for a GTR with brand new turbos.
Appreciate 3
RPiM52870.00
      03-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #29
Costello1991
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White 135is

Jesus Christ ...
      03-14-2018, 10:56 PM   #30
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Damn.....

That is all
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 01:13 AM   #31
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Completely Awesome !!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 01:15 AM   #32
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costello1991 View Post
Jesus Christ ...
Him to.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 01:47 AM   #33
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Maybe due to market size.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2018, 06:38 AM   #34
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
I think you mean M Tax
Appreciate 1
RPiM52870.00
      03-15-2018, 08:09 AM   #35
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you mean M Tax
Yeah could be because it's BMW but it's also possible because of the market size.

I would think the tuning market for the GTR is larger than the M5. When it comes to amortize the development cost over unit sales I am not surprised M5's kit is more expensive.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #36
01'325rip
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E93 M3

Quote:
Yeah could be because it's BMW but it's also possible because of the market size.

I would think the tuning market for the GTR is larger than the M5. When it comes to amortize the development cost over unit sales I am not surprised M5's kit is more expensive.

^ 100% agree with you on this
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #37
sgm.e90
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI F30

Quote:
$9595

thanks
Issue is that you can't get 4600 for pair of stock turbos now can you? The core deposit is refunded when you ship the turbos back to pure. So end result is what 5k?
sw118334.00
RPiM52870.00
m5james431.00
      03-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #38
Weistec Engineering
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
$9595

thanks
Methanol kit is controlled with an AEM controller. 2.25 gallon tank has integrated mounting for the pump and a level sensor. A 4 in 1 cable is provided to run just one cable to the trunk then break out into the 4 wires needed to wire up the pump and the level sensor

Twin CNC machined and anodized injectors that fit into the ports on the Weistec silicone charge pipes with three different nozzles each, 250cc, 500cc, and 1000cc. 1/4" plastic line and QD fittings are provided.

Also included is all the hardware for a bolt in intake manifold pressure reference for the controller.

It is a comprehensive add on to the W.4 turbos

We will also be making charge pipes for stock frame turbos that will take the same injectors for those that want the kit but do not have W.4 turbos.
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #39
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you mean M Tax

Look at the kit and I'm not sure any components require much more extensive development versus a GTR kit.
      03-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #40
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Isn't Weistech the company that has been associated with several fraudulent cases?
      03-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #41
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I think those are the former employees taking money for orders where Weistec was expected to deliver but former emplyees kept the money.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #42
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you mean M Tax

Look at the kit and I'm not sure any components require much more extensive development versus a GTR kit.
You misunderstood me, I'm not saying M kit is more expensive to develop. I'm saying GTR market is larger hence more units to amortize the cost.

Let's say both GTR and M5's kit cost 1000 to develop, but GTR kit developer thinks he can sell 1000 units, where as M5 kit developer thinks he can sell 100 units, which kit you think will be more expensive?
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2018, 05:56 AM   #43
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you mean M Tax

You misunderstood me, I'm not saying M kit is more expensive to develop. I'm saying GTR market is larger hence more units to amortize the cost.

Let's say both GTR and M5's kit cost 1000 to develop, but GTR kit developer thinks he can sell 1000 units, where as M5 kit developer thinks he can sell 100 units, which kit you think will be more expensive?
I understand you perfectly but you normally you amortize high tooling costs, excessive R&D etc. For it to be several thousand dollar difference in price it must be a very large development cost discrepancy which isn't the case. It's mostly M-tax and M owners willing to pay it.
      03-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #44
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you mean M Tax

I understand you perfectly but you normally you amortize high tooling costs, excessive R&D etc. For it to be several thousand dollar difference in price it must be a very large development cost discrepancy which isn't the case. It's mostly M-tax and M owners willing to pay it.
Well I don't doubt there are some M tax in there but at the same time I'm just saying the market size makes a difference too.
Appreciate 0