M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

02-24-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
Phox
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Mission performance tune and CEL

So I got a mission performance stage 2 tune installed by my local Indy shop. First day I got a code for secondary cat. Took it back the next day and they reflashed, code went away.
The next day I get code p2098, running lean. Called the shop and they had a new map the next day.
Well everything seemed fine and I had to go out of town today. Code came back after about an hour of driving. 🙄

I have AP full catless exhaust and AP intakes.
Just curious if anyone had similar issues.

On another note; car has 62k miles and apparently had a JB4 when I bought it. JB4 wasn't hooked up completely and just tucked into the engine bay.
Should I be concerned about the fuel injectors or is there a way to tell if they have been changed?
I've just recently seen some comments about the injectors failing and destroying engines. Hence my concern lol
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #2
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I'm running their stage 2 tune. Luckily, i'm local to them and had Alex street tune my car. Any tune is going to need a little tweaking at stage 2+. I had a lean condition awhile back at upper RPMs, but had the tune fixed at their shop. You should reach out to Alex; he's the main tuner. He's very helpful, but admittedly, hard to get a hold of....
SSP Spec-R
KW V3/ Corsa Axle back
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 07:46 AM   #3
E F10 M5
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Since you have 62k Miles, have you changed you spark plugs or replaced your ignition coil?
Individual Amazonite Silver| B&O | KW V3 |Forgeline GA1R-Centerlocks | Forgeline Centerlock Conversion |K&N/Charcoal delete | AFE CF Scoops | RW Carbon Lip | IND-Style Front/Rear Markers | IND-Style Black side Grille/Rear M5 Emblem | LCI Front Grille | Dinan Sway bar | Powder Coated Cocaine White Calipers | ECS tuning Brake lines| Carbothech - Akebon0 | M-Performance CF Rear Center Diffuser | RPI GTM Exhaust | Suntek PPF |
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
Phox
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Seems like everything is good now. They changed out an o2 sensor. The CEL only came back when I was traveling and had to use 91 octane.

I should change the plugs and look into the coils just for peace of mind.
Thanks
Appreciate 0