M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

01-08-2022, 10:56 PM   #1
M5_F10
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Check Engine Light, No Error Code

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum, And hope if any one could help me.

Today, my 13 M5 (50k miles) got a solid CEL light right after I drove 3 easy miles local and 1 easy mile highway at 65 MPH. I checked the hidden DTC menu, but there was no error code, and the CEL was still on. the car drives very normal and seems nothing to be wrong.

I am wondering to know what could be the reason I got a CEL light? Is it a gas cap? Or is this could be any thing wrong with the coolant or power steering? (I just have dealer serviced my coolant and power steering)
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 07:22 AM   #2
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Any mods? Check your air intake if you have an aftermarket one. Mine fell off the bracket somehow which caused a CEL.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 04:07 PM   #3
M5_F10
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Any mods? Check your air intake if you have an aftermarket one. Mine fell off the bracket somehow which caused a CEL.
Thank you for you reply! the car is bone stock. I checked the air filter and it looks properly fitted. I remember last time I got the CEL was because the MAF sensor, and there was an error code pop up in the hidden DTC menu. This time I also checked the hidden menu, but there was no error code.

I assume the hidden menu could show up more error code than the scanner since it is the one of the car's feature from factory. I don't know why the CEL on but no error code. I will try to drive another 50 miles, and see the if CEL disappear, or I will need to take the car to dealer again.

But again, thank you for you replay!
Appreciate 0