M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

02-28-2022, 05:32 PM   #1
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

Fuel System Service, what parts to change while in there

Hey all, recently did plugs and coils on my car, 13 at 67k. Plugs had been done at 37k so right at the point they needed to be redone, coils where OEM, but for good measure replaced them all.

I began getting slight rough idle, with 2 cylinder misfires which prompted me to do them now. Car runs great, not breaking up at WOT and no Drivetrain Malfunction. Just the check engine light keeps coming on and still slight rough idle, always same cylinder misfires (8&6) before the service i was getting constant 8&5 misfires.

As preventative maintenance, I will also be replacing all 8 injectors, as they are OEM, and I know the early EU5's were failure prone. Some of the plugs were a bit fouled but nothing alarming, indicating possibly carbon buildup starting. I use a fuel system cleaner every few fill-ups, but the car is almost 9 years old.

Just wondering what other parts should i replace while doing the injectors. Should i do the High/Low pressure sensors, Fuel filter, HPFP's? Anything else maybe im missing? I have not had any issues with drivetrain malfunction leading me to believe the HPFP's or the tank pump are bad or going bad, so I am thinkin maybe just do the injectors and High/Low sensors.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 10:05 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Injectors are on my to do list for sure. Did you replace the MAF's yet? I'd also look around to make sure the engine isn't getting unmetered air in and do a compression check at least on the cylinders that misfired.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 12:13 AM   #3
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

I have been seeing a lot of people mention MAFS, i will be cleaning them out, as i did notice a bit of residue last time i changed my intake filters, even if the issue is resolved after the injectors. Took it to shop to properly troubleshoot, they found multiple injectors beginning to cut fuel slightly which indicates incoming failures. Seems all my injectors were OEM no record of any failing or being replaced. So i just decided to have the replace all with brand new Bosch injectors and decouplers. Shop did not mention needing compression test.
Appreciate 1