M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-28-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
Shane_D
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 & Mkiv Supra

Smile Noob tire question for new wheels

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum

Sorry for this first post and it been that of a tire question that has probably been asked a million times before

I'm a new owner of an F10 M5 2013 here in Ireland.

Car came with the oem 343m wheels in 20's. Few Mark's on them from previous idiot owner so I will be getting them sent off soon to be re-diamond cut 🙂

I have new wheels that I bought recently

20" concaver cvr2 alloys
9.5J Et 25
10.5J Et 25

Have a few questions that I'm hoping you can answer for me

Can I fit 305/30/20 on the rear?
Car is not lowered and no plans to lower it

Tires for upfront, do I keep 265 or do I go wider 275 ?
Can the profile be 30 or should I go 35 ?

And lastly tire brands ., I know everyone swears by the MPS4S but do any of you guys have feedback on other brands like

pirelli pzero sport
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R
Bridgestone potenza S001
Hankook Ventus S1

The car will not be going on a track,. The car is mainly used at the wknds as I have another car for any short journeys during the week and I work from home full time.
I mainly take the car out at the wknds

And last question, I seen a set of Michelin pilot super sport for sale brand new for about 200 euro each but they are DOT 2017. Would this bother you guys ?

Thanks for reading and sorry for such a long post 😂

Cheers
Shane
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 08:37 PM   #2
C-dub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Frozen White F10 M5 Comp

Congrats on the new ride. Yes you can fit 305s in the rear on the stock wheels and probably the new wheels too. It may be a snug fit with the new wheels. The offsets on the new rear wheels are going to push the tire 9mm closer to the fender, so that's 19mm including the additional tire width. If it rubs just do a slight roll to the fenders. Up front, I haven't heard of anyone going 275s without rubbing the fender liner. You'll want to stick with the 35 ratio up front if you go 265 width. Going lower aspect ratio will change the revs per mile and throw off your speedometer and odometer. Here's a helpful tool https://tiresize.com/calculator/. I would stick to ps4s. You can read many reviews on here stating that's the best daily tire for this car. Those used pss tires are getting close to the end of their recommended life, and the ps4s puts the power down better. If you're on a budget I would see if you can find a gently used set of ps4s. This car can annihilate the rear tires, so the stickier, the better.
Appreciate 3
SCD-1983575.50
M5Rick59561.00
      07-13-2022, 02:06 PM   #3
Shane_D
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 & Mkiv Supra

Thanks very much for the reply mate
Appreciate 0