M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-27-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
g21
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M340T M550i EV6GT

iDrive 8 a precursor for Karaoke?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...igital-car-gap

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
g21
Brigadier General
Rep

for some reason pics wont post

BMW AG rarely has to answer this question in Western showrooms, but it is becoming increasingly important for selling cars in China: Can I sing karaoke in this automobile?

Customers in the world’s largest auto market are demanding that sing-along apps such as Changba (唱吧) work in new vehicles. Local manufacturers XPeng Inc (小鵬), Nio Inc (蔚來) and BYD Co (比亞迪) are at the forefront of this trend, besting Western rivals by offering models with karaoke microphones.

The push extends beyond music, with Chinese buyers expecting seamless access to features like in-car payment and social media connectivity.

“We’ve identified this as a challenge,” BMW’s digital car chief Christoph Grote said. “Chinese consumers are the most demanding when it comes to digital technology in the car.”
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #3
g21
Brigadier General
Rep

https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/teslas...hour-in-china/

Tesla’s version of “carpool karaoke” is already a hit with customers in China.

Elon Musk’s electric vehicle firm began selling “TeslaMic,” which includes a pair of Tesla-branded wireless microphones that links to an in-car karaoke system, through its online store last week. The product is available only in China and priced at the equivalent of $188.

The first batch of “TeslaMics” sold out less than an hour after they went online in China.
Appreciate 0