M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Should the US force critical supplies sold in America, fully made in America!
Yes, We can not depend on China for our supplies and security 22 68.75%
No, that's protectionism 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-27-2020, 11:49 AM   #89
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13727
Rep
3,799
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I was lucky enough to get to do that right before Christmas.

I could stand to do it again....man talking about blowing off some steam!
Let's do it. Heck - I'll even bring the MINI so we are on an even playing field. hehe.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt7047.00
minn196907.00

      03-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #90
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7047
Rep
2,080
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

We had talked about taking the Vette into the mountains this weekend for a little ride.

But now I will be working.......I'm not complaining though. It's a good problem to have right now.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 1
minn196907.00

      03-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #91
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13727
Rep
3,799
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We had talked about taking the Vette into the mountains this weekend for a little ride.

But now I will be working.......I'm not complaining though. It's a good problem to have right now.
Yeah - I am working too, but watching our business hemorrhage about $1MM per week.

Getting ready to reduce staff shortly - my position is safe - but it means I will be having to do the job of several others too.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
minn196907.00

      03-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #92
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7047
Rep
2,080
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yeah - I am working too, but watching our business hemorrhage about $1MM per week.

Getting ready to reduce staff shortly - my position is safe - but it means I will be having to do the job of several others too.
That's what sucks. We already run very lean......but I hate having to have that conversation with someone when it comes up.

If it were a performance issue....it's different. But when that person has been a "loyal" employee that you could always count on....it makes it so much worse.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 2
minn196907.00

      03-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #93
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13727
Rep
3,799
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
That's what sucks. We already run very lean......but I hate having to have that conversation with someone when it comes up.

If it were a performance issue....it's different. But when that person has been a "loyal" employee that you could always count on....it makes it so much worse.
Yup - at this time, the cuts were made to union plant workers - which are technically on furlough and receiving some incomes - so that wasn't too bad. The expected cuts soon are for a couple of bad performers, so it isn't too bad either, other than the fact that I have a hiring freeze and can't replace them.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
minn196907.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST