M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
210
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Americans Screwed up the Defence of COVID-19

Edit: I am truly amazed by the number of clueless Americans on the forum. Nevertheless, my point is, even with the alarming statistics from China when COVID-19 first broke loose, our western governments did not put enough measures in place to protect us. I don't care if Chinese government is killing their citizens, they have 1.4 billion anyway. What matters is how our government screwed up with more than enough warning. When people around you start dying from the insufficient protection, you will start to realize how dumb our governments were at handling COVID-19.



Before you Americans start pointing blame towards China, think about what has actually happened since January.

China gave enough warning to all the western countries way in advance, not only by direct alerts, but also by the fact that they utilized almost all the resources in the country to fight the virus. And it was successful. China did everything right during this epidemic, and that is why their number of cases stopped at 81 thousand. Many may argue that they lied about the number, even if that is true, so what? They have already lifted their lockdown, resumed schools and factories, in less than three months, can we do that?

But what did our western societies do? Our governments were ignorant even when the case number in Washington started climbing rapidly and people started dying. We didn't close our borders until the last second. We are still allowing some Americans to come to Canadian soil for God's sake. The naivety of our governments is the reason why US is reporting over 13 thousand new cases per day. On the other hand, China closed its border and started lockdown on multiple cities as soon as they could. Why do the western governments not even have the ability to replicate what the Chinese did? Many would argue that the American deserve it, thanks to their brilliant (blind) president, and a lot of Americans are still believing his propaganda.

Last edited by MetalMK; 03-27-2020 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 3
      03-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #2
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1493
Rep
2,178
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SE US

iTrader: (0)

I'd take any data regarding COVID19 infections coming out of China with a huge grain of salt.
Appreciate 7
minn196920.00
Conissah1075.00
anglo56312.00
MKSixer23231.50
Run Silent13732.00

      03-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

This will go well.

I don't entirely disagree with you, especially the part about the US and it's leadership taking it serious way to late for political reasons. but there are a few threads on this subject you could've posted in, specifically this one.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1698718
Appreciate 1
MKSixer23231.50

      03-26-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I'd take any data regarding COVID19 infections coming out of China with a huge grain of salt.
I do agree with this as well.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer23231.50
Run Silent13732.00

      03-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
archerz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
151
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: F31 335D
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
the infections might just be increase in testing. the value i keep an eye on is death per milltion pop. once that starts to increase then its time to worry a lot...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
SKI-R
Private
Canada
71
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: VW Golf/Jetta ALHs
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canmore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I'd take any data regarding COVID19 coming out of the Whitehouse with a huge grain of salt.
Fixed that for you
__________________
09 128i Slicktop - stock at present, 150k kms
02 ALH Golf - Stage 5 Malone for mods, 382k kms
03 ALH Jetta Wagon - 1.5" lift, 434k kms
06 Tundra DC Limited - 2.5" lift, BRP exhaust, 356k kms
Appreciate 3
MetalMK210.00
JMAC5150116.00
mbanks211040.00

      03-26-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
210
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I'd take any data regarding COVID19 infections coming out of China with a huge grain of salt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I do agree with this as well.
Like I said, even if that is true, so what? They have already lifted their lockdown, resumed schools and factories, in less than three months, can we do that in under three months?
Appreciate 1
M2CSL5.00

      03-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #8
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
56312
Rep
3,911
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Kinda like Italy, Spain, we lack the basic supplies to fight the Coronavirus because everything is made in China and they stopped a lot of the exports of those supplies!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Like I said, even if that is true, so what? They have already lifted their lockdown, resumed schools and factories, in less than three months, can we do that in under three months?
For now, we’ll see in the near future if they can maintain that. Hopefully they don’t get a second wave of infections like Hong Kong might be.

As for the US, who knows with President Skroob in charge and his changing whims on how to handle or try to push through the pandemic. Didn’t you hear, we are going to be open in a little over two weeks around Easter. Three months, America is exceptional, we’ll do it one month.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #10
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
What's your answer boss?
Drink more currently would be my answer, water and beer (or whatever you prefer).

Edit: For those saying booze lowers your immunity, I know, I know. Imbibe at your own peril.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer23231.50

      03-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #11
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
And you bitch about Trump. Lol.

You had is job, you'd have shit in your pants 24/7. Lol.
Ok?

I don't want his job and never ran for President. What is your point Senor angry one.

Apparently some people here think US citizens aren't allowed to criticize our government/President anymore, which I see you've abided by as well here in regards to the other side/past Presidents.

This isn't a secret that I and many others don't approve of his job performance (especially specifically to do with his handling of the current crisis), in fact the latest poll has Trump at his highest job approval ever, which is 49%. So a majority still don't approve of him, I'm hardly alone.

I watched his press conference yesterday and it was another train wreck, even his supporters are starting to want him to shut the hell up and just let his pandemic team talk. I'll give him that, it appears he at least formed a very good pandemic team, now he needs to get out of their way, quit contradicting them and let them do their jobs.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:16 PM   #12
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1493
Rep
2,178
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SE US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI-R View Post
Fixed that for you
Eh, not really. I had it right the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Like I said, even if that is true, so what? They have already lifted their lockdown, resumed schools and factories, in less than three months, can we do that in under three months?
Be wary of using China as any kind of behavioral barometer.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #13
SKI-R
Private
Canada
71
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: VW Golf/Jetta ALHs
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canmore

iTrader: (0)

Right.....clearly we should all use the current USA.
__________________
09 128i Slicktop - stock at present, 150k kms
02 ALH Golf - Stage 5 Malone for mods, 382k kms
03 ALH Jetta Wagon - 1.5" lift, 434k kms
06 Tundra DC Limited - 2.5" lift, BRP exhaust, 356k kms
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:48 PM   #14
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
56312
Rep
3,911
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
My point is it is easy to criticize but much harder to provide solutions. You have no idea what data Trump had early on that he made decisions from, and neither do I. Reading WHO sit reps (all posted on line) shows it only became an "aw shit" moment by the Chinese in early/middle of January. Trump locked down flights out of China at the end of January and took a bunch of shit for it. Then crap about lacking test kits, blah blah blah.

What's the take so far, a bunch of red tape at CDC and FDA and HHS all scuttled to get solutions moving. Who created the red tape? Certainly not Trump. Data I've become aware of is most US cases stem from travel to the US from Europe not China. Trump locks down Europe flights and gets shit for that. So all I hear from folks like you is Trump screwed this up royal, but really you don't know and I know couldn't do better than him. Yup, you are free to criticize, but if you are going to criticize, then you obviously know better than Trump.

So what is your solution?
Let me guess, kinda like the Socialist Obama after the H1N1 outbreak, do nothing, maintain the status quo.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:49 PM   #15
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1823
Rep
2,612
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Multiply by 10 and that’s your actual infection rate in China. They lie pretty much about everything.
Appreciate 2
anglo56312.00

      03-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #16
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
My point is it is easy to criticize but much harder to provide solutions. You have no idea what data Trump had early on that he made decisions from, and neither do I. Reading WHO sit reps (all posted on line) shows it only became an "aw shit" moment by the Chinese in early/middle of January. Trump locked down flights out of China at the end of January and took a bunch of shit for it. Then crap about lacking test kits, blah blah blah.

What's the take so far, a bunch of red tape at CDC and FDA and HHS all scuttled to get solutions moving. Who created the red tape? Certainly not Trump. Data I've become aware of is most US cases stem from travel to the US from Europe not China. Trump locks down Europe flights and gets shit for that. So all I hear from folks like you is Trump screwed this up royal, but really you don't know and I know couldn't do better than him. Yup, you are free to criticize, but if you are going to criticize, than you obviously know better than Trump.

So what is your solution?
Give it a rest, I'm not the President and as you said I don't have the data.

But, it is pretty clear he waited far too long to order that supposed lockdown from China, which really wasn't that tight of a lock down. And then never followed up with further supposed "travel bans" as it moved out of China. When he did he order a travel ban he got that wrong and excluded the UK for awhile.

Everyone knew the red tape existed so why not start cutting said red tape when the aw shit moment by your own words happened in January? It was pretty clear this was going to get here fairly quickly (already was trickling in).

Crap about test kits? Yah who needs those?

The US government/Trump knew quite a ways before the middle of January that this was an aw shit moment. If they truly didn't, than that is one hell of a US intelligence blunder for the ages.

If I was in his spot, I would've as would of acted much sooner and not worried about the numbers being low because he liked that for his own reelection chances. His own words and not mine, except for the reelection part. But, that is of course what everyone knew what he meant except for people like you. Instead he was giving medals to Rush Limbaugh.

And I already stated, his press conferences where he makes everyone suck his dick, blame everyone else and literally say he takes no responsibility for certain shortcomings, getting into a fight with a reporter over an innocuous question...........................all the while contradicting his own advisors (open by Easter is just one of many), flat out lying saying anyone can get a test if they want one, when everyone knows that isn't true............

Yah, I'd be doing it differently and he is doing a bang up job to his supporters anyway. A national lockdown plan for x amount of weeks decided by health professionals/epidemiologists/infectious disease experts should of been ready to go by sometime in Feb at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #17
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Let me guess, kinda like the Socialist Obama after the H1N1 outbreak, do nothing, maintain the status quo.
Hey you are a socialist yourself now (more than even he was), see your current thread.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13732.00

      03-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #18
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1493
Rep
2,178
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SE US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI-R View Post
Right.....clearly we should all use the current USA.
Where in my posts did I suggest that?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #19
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1823
Rep
2,612
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Give it a rest, I'm not the President and as you said I don't have the data.

But, it is pretty clear he waited far too long to order that supposed lockdown from China, which really wasn't that tight of a lock down. And then never followed up with further supposed "travel bans" as it moved out of China. When he did he order a travel ban he got that wrong and excluded the UK for awhile.

Everyone knew the red tape existed so why not start cutting said red tape when the aw shit moment by your own words happened in January? It was pretty clear this was going to get here fairly quickly (already was trickling in).

Crap about test kits? Yah who needs those?

The US government/Trump knew quite a ways before the middle of January that this was an aw shit moment. If they truly didn't, than that is one hell of a US intelligence blunder for the ages.

If I was in his spot, I would've as would of acted much sooner and not worried about the numbers being low because he liked that for his own reelection chances. His own words and not mine, except for the reelection part. But, that is of course what everyone knew what he meant except for people like you. Instead he was giving medals to Rush Limbaugh.

And I already stated, his press conferences where he makes everyone suck his dick, blame everyone else and literally say he takes no responsibility for certain shortcomings, getting into a fight with a reporter over an innocuous question...........................all the while contradicting his own advisors (open by Easter is just one of many), flat out lying saying anyone can get a test if they want one, when everyone knows that isn't true............

Yah, I'd be doing it differently and he is doing a bang up job to his supporters anyway. A national lockdown plan for x amount of weeks decided by health professionals/epidemiologists/infectious disease experts should of been ready to go by sometime in Feb at the latest.
I think itís always easier to be an arm chair quarterback looking in hindsight. I think this is the strongest reaction to a virus ever. You canít say we did anything even close to this in previous administrations. At least an effort is being applied. I like Mark Cubanís mindset about this.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:02 PM   #20
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6920
Rep
7,390
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I think itís always easier to be an arm chair quarterback looking in hindsight. I think this is the strongest reaction to a virus ever. You canít say we did anything even close to this in previous administrations. At least an effort is being applied. I like Mark Cubanís mindset about this.
He asked, I answered, I disagree with your assessment, but we also haven't seen a pandemic like this since the 50s/60s IIRC. The 1918 was the worst in US history also IIRC. As others have said, people have short memories. In regards to helping US citizens via the latest relief bills etc, I do agree.

Acting like an ass and contradicting your own experts in the same press conference while still having to have your ego inflated does nobody any good. It certainly can't be part of the strongest reaction ever to a virus.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #21
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1823
Rep
2,612
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
He asked, I answered, I disagree with your assessment, but we also haven't seen a pandemic like this since the 50s/60s IIRC. The 1918 was the worst in US history also IIRC. As others have said, people have short memories. In regards to helping US citizens via the latest relief bills etc, I do agree.

Acting like an ass and contradicting your own experts in the same press conference while still having to have your ego inflated does nobody any good. It certainly can't be part of the strongest reaction ever to a virus.
I guess the President really does rub you the wrong way.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #22
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2963
Rep
4,416
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Before you Americans start pointing blame towards China, think about what has actually happened since January.

China gave enough warning to all the western countries way in advance, not only by direct alerts, but also by the fact that they utilized almost all the resources in the country to fight the virus. And it was successful. China did everything right during this epidemic, and that is why their number of cases stopped at 81 thousand. Many may argue that they lied about the number, even if that is true, so what? They have already lifted their lockdown, resumed schools and factories, in less than three months, can we do that?

But what did our western societies do? Our governments were ignorant even when the case number in Washington started climbing rapidly and people started dying. We didn't close our borders until the last second. We are still allowing some Americans to come to Canadian soil for God's sake. The naivety of our governments is the reason why US is reporting over 13 thousand new cases per day. On the other hand, China closed its border and started lockdown on multiple cities as soon as they could. Why do the western governments not even have the ability to replicate what the Chinese did? Many would argue that the American deserve it, thanks to their brilliant (blind) president, and a lot of Americans are still believing his propaganda.

Yesterday's Data:
I simple point to the original topic china botch handling of coronavirus. We have a nice snap shot day by day of what was going on.

China communists government fuck the world by covering up the diease and giving little to no information. Even right now they are still actively fucking nations by giving test that are faulty 80% of the time.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy2618.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST