M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-24-2022, 06:04 PM   #1
FrozenSolid
Frozen_Solid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Frozen Bronze Metallic M5

Tuning question

Ok, so this is my first post standalone. I have literally searched through a TON of post and forums looking for this info. I've even asked on Facebook groups but can't seem to get the answers I'm looking for.

1) MHD why or why not, not second hand info. I want first hand I've run it on my car info

2) Why are tunes like DME/Active/BPM like double the price of the JB4/MHD tunes?

I'm at that point now to start tuning my 16 comp and I want to get the most out of it. I dont drive it hard but want the power in case I need it.

Thanks for the responses...
      01-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #2
DjangoM5
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5 f90

I would like to know about MHD too, can’t find any info on them.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #3
FrozenSolid
Frozen_Solid
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjangoM5 View Post
Didn't get any help here, and I have been everywhere on the internet. I joined their Facebook group and spoke to one of the guys there directly. I also followed them on IG, they have been super helpful with all my questions.
      01-28-2022, 08:58 PM   #4
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenSolid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjangoM5 View Post
Didn't get any help here, and I have been everywhere on the internet. I joined their Facebook group and spoke to one of the guys there directly. I also followed them on IG, they have been super helpful with all my questions.
Maybe not that many people here has their tune. Now that you have talked to them would be nice to share.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 11:27 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

MHD is a good tuning option

My only complaint about MHD is that they are not tuners; they buy their maps from third-party tuners and label them as their own.

I don't like that, especially when these tuners have a financial interest in offering you custom maps to "optimize" the off-the-shelf MHD ones.

Im also not sure how support on tuning issues goes since they are not the ones who created the maps.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 07:41 PM   #6
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

From what I know, MHD partners with Tuners to develop tried and tested OTS maps for their application. So its actually tuners doing the work with actual testing before releasing the map on the MHD platform. For the longest time MHD did not support F10 M5s, reason being they were currently field testing tunes. They have ton of partners worldwide, you could even reach out to the tuners they partner with to get the tune specifically from them I'm sure. So MHD is more lending their super easy platform to make it accessible and dummy proof. I personally will be going MHD stage 2 soon. Looking at contacting Pure Boost based overseas, as some guys on the Facebook group have had good turnout with them.
Appreciate 3
      02-11-2022, 11:20 PM   #7
eidde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 m6

ESS they arent just tuners they are real a real automotive company that doesn't bend over the customer
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 12:26 PM   #8
FrozenSolid
Frozen_Solid
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
Maybe not that many people here has their tune. Now that you have talked to them would be nice to share.
Like I said they have been super helpful with my questions about the platform and what I needed. I have the license but have not flashed yet as I'm waiting for my Charge coolers and charge pipes before I bump up power.

Honestly I would join their Facebook group, everyone in there is very helpful
      09-25-2022, 12:37 PM   #9
Megamon21
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben356 View Post
From what I know, MHD partners with Tuners to develop tried and tested OTS maps for their application. So its actually tuners doing the work with actual testing before releasing the map on the MHD platform. For the longest time MHD did not support F10 M5s, reason being they were currently field testing tunes. They have ton of partners worldwide, you could even reach out to the tuners they partner with to get the tune specifically from them I'm sure. So MHD is more lending their super easy platform to make it accessible and dummy proof. I personally will be going MHD stage 2 soon. Looking at contacting Pure Boost based overseas, as some guys on the Facebook group have had good turnout with them.
I know this is old but how was the result of the MHD tune
Appreciate 0