05-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #23
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDubz View Post
Why wouldn't you buy an X5M and call it a day? Total package.
+1, neighbor has one (Black on Black) and its a beast.
      05-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #24
cdd
Rep
Drives: '16 M5, '18 RRS SCV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTron View Post
+1, neighbor has one (Black on Black) and its a beast.
I agree, and should have said so before. If you're considering the SVR, you should also have X5M in the mix. Only reason to buy the SVR over X5M (or GLE63s), in my opinion, is that you greatly prefer the look. I think the SVR is the best looking of the group.

I'll throw another idea out there, too. Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. I don't even know if those are sold outside of NA...and certainly not as luxurious as anything else on the list, but a 3.5 second 0-60 SUV? Yes, please!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #25
euklid
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDubz View Post
Why wouldn't you buy an X5M and call it a day? Total package.
Personally I want to feel something else other than a BMW, all BMW's have the same interior and one gets bored after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eM5theonlyone
if i had a choice I would just go for the Cayenne.
I was about to buy the Cayenne until I drove it and the Macan back to back.
The Macan is sensational, the Cayenne is yet another truck and if you 're going to get a truck for a car you might as well go for a Jeep Wrangler or a Vivaro type of thing. That was at least my own thought process. I have 3 kiddies and can do with something on the large side but not on the extra large. If the OP really needs the space and all the toys, then the Cayenne would indeed be the best choice in my opinion as well. The X5M would be a great car as well if one does not mind being in the same interior for the next few years.

Last edited by euklid; 05-13-2019 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 11:33 PM   #26
GiddyAssassin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW M5 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M5 CP  [10.00]
No doubt in my find it would be option 1. I don't know how you can say an E63 S Wagon isn't a good looking car. What I would be driving if I had the budget for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #27
euklid
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyAssassin View Post
No doubt in my find it would be option 1. I don't know how you can say an E63 S Wagon isn't a good looking car. What I would be driving if I had the budget for it.
I just don't like the Mercedes estates. They remind me of hearses and I consider their rear end to be the ugliest in the industry. My son also tells me that they look like taxis. Nevertheless, both myself and my son we were really warm on the E63 S and C63 S sedans and I really wanted to buy either one of the 2 as the exhaust and interiors are pure awesome but they were extremely uncomfortable cars. I test drove them both several times trying to convince myself that it's going to be ok to drive these cars daily but it was just impossible. Both the R8 and various Lambo's that I have driven are more comfortable than the AMG cars. In fact I was so gutted I called my best mate to bring around his Lambo Gallardo for me to drive back to back with the Mercedes and the Lambo was indeed more comfortable.

Quite annoying really. But how can such a car be a daily, when you bounce up and down the road like driving on wood planks and your back gets sore after 15 minutes of driving in the sport seats and after 30 minutes of driving in the soft ones?

Last edited by euklid; 05-14-2019 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #28
GiddyAssassin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW M5 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M5 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by euklid View Post
I just don't like the Mercedes estates. They remind me of hearses and I consider their rear end to be the ugliest in the industry. My son also tells me that they look like taxis. Nevertheless, both myself and my son we were really warm on the E63 S and C63 S sedans and I really wanted to buy either one of the 2 as the exhaust and interiors are pure awesome but they were extremely uncomfortable cars. I test drove them both several times trying to convince myself that it's going to be ok to drive these cars daily but it was just impossible. Both the R8 and various Lambo's that I have driven are more comfortable than the AMG cars. In fact I was so gutted I called my best mate to bring around his Lambo Gallardo for me to drive back to back with the Mercedes and the Lambo was indeed more comfortable.

Quite annoying really. But how can such a car be a daily, when you bounce up and down the road like driving on wood planks and your back gets sore after 15 minutes of driving in the sport seats and after 30 minutes of driving in the soft ones?
I suppose each has a personal preference. I just love wagon's and the styling checks the boxes for me. Comfort wise I'm too big of a guy to be comfortably in the sports seats, but I was able to configure the regulars in a way that were comfortable. That part of it all depends on the person. I think the lesson we can take away from the conversation is how important it is to sit in and drive the car to make sure it's something that works for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #29
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I remember a test way back when a Cayenne Turbo beat an M3 E46 round twisty bits and straights somewhere in UK not sure if it was Dunsfold or Bedford.Of course it had the hydraulic suspension also.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 11:55 PM   #30
thxbuff2001
Dictator for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: To many

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbru View Post
So it's happening.I need a bigger car and gutted that BMW aren't making an m5 touring.

SO here are my car choices...Really hope to get your thoughts. Which one would you pick and why??

1) E63 AMGs estate
2) Audi RS6
3) Range Rover sport SVR

THanks!

E63 AMG estate.

Planning on getting one as soon as I know what car to trade from my daily drivers.
Definitely the m5s are out of the question.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 02:04 AM   #31
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

So disappointed that not a single person has said Alpina B5.

05-24-2019, 05:10 AM   #32
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-M5 View Post
I spent $152K on mine. Beautiful car. Drove smooth. Turned heads. But...reliability. I bought mine. I dont lease cars. But if thats what you want, lease it. Fancy for rental car for 3 years. I just like owning cars outright. Its mine. I can do whatever i want. I gave you my 2 cents. Good luck bro.
AMEN.. you either own it, or its just a rental with many rules
Appreciate 0