Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-11-2022, 07:11 AM   #1
blazarov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5; F15 X5

Heavy and somewhat unnatural steering feel

Hi,
i have the 2012 M5 non-comp for 9 months now and i can say that i got used to it, fixed whatever needed fixing, however there's one last thing that is bothering me:

the steering feels quite strange and not as I would expect it to be for an M car. Two main issues:
- very heavy even in comfort mode. the 3 modes definately make a difference, but not huge, and even in comfort mode it is quite heavy - almost unpleasant for slow manuevering/parking with one hand
- the return to center is also quite weak and slow compared to what i am used to and what i would expect. Even on a slow powerslide on 1-2 gears it is still weak and slow.

Car currently has KW HAS (highest possible setting), CP sway bars and original 20" wheels and tyre sizes and has recently done alignment to spec. All these mods done by previous owner so i dont really have any first-hand before/after experience.
I already got the KW V3, but not yet installed.

Car has been many times to the repair shop (specialized in //M cars) and they claim everything is in order and no issues found, they claim that all F10 M5 are like that, but i dont really buy it.
Unfortunately have no friends with F10 M5 around, i have only tested another one once and i think it felt better than mine (could be confirmation bias?)

So how do you find you steering feel and have someone had any issues with it?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0