Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #1
bjornb
Private
Rep
Drives: Anything i like :)

Bmw M5 Damaged mirror

Hello,
Someone drove against my left mirror and he drove away so we couldn't fill in insurance papers..

Though i was wondering because my dealership said it would cost 2000 euros to fix this( one mirror) I was thinking i could better buy these carbon caps and install these right (since its only the upper side of the cap that's damaged) and just remove the damaged mirror cap. and get the glass replaced.. or see pictures i will put in some images.

these are the caps i am talking about
https://www.onlinebmwparts.nl/nl/acc...-spiegelkappen

Do you think i can buy the carbon caps and get these installed? and just remove the normal caps

Let me know
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

If you get the cap and the glass it is an easy DIY job at home. You hardly even need tools. If the surround trim ring on the mirror side is broken then you need some torx drivers to take it apart.

The mirror glass just pops off by pulling and the outside cap has clips you can release once you get the mirror glass off. Since your glass is broken you should be careful to avoid injury if it breaks.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 12:30 AM   #3
bjornb
Private
Rep
Drives: Anything i like :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
If you get the cap and the glass it is an easy DIY job at home. You hardly even need tools. If the surround trim ring on the mirror side is broken then you need some torx drivers to take it apart.

The mirror glass just pops off by pulling and the outside cap has clips you can release once you get the mirror glass off. Since your glass is broken you should be careful to avoid injury if it breaks.
Okay so i could easily get these carbon caps. And get them installed right. Also the lane change assist is not working anymore but the dealer can fix that i assume. Might aswell get the carbon rear lip/spoiler to match mirrors
Appreciate 0