M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

05-24-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

20a211 fault code

Anyone know what this code is?
14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by induc916 View Post
Anyone know what this code is?
That code appears to be related to the coolant pump running dry. Check you water level and get it checked over for leaks.

For future reference, i post everything in the general forum as more people see it there.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #3
aayaz
M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 Monte Carlo M5

1) Check cooling system for leaks
2) If necessary, fill and bleed the cooling system.
3) If the fault reappears despite the cooling system having been bled and not leaking, renew the coolant pump.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

I was a small stone that caused a hole in the aux cooling system. Replaced, re-filled, and now good to go.
14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 04:28 AM   #5
kjdeion21
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M40i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Hey all,

I have a BMW F10 M5, with:

- Aggressive Project Gamma Cold Air Intakes (they are the best they are routed to behind your kidneys)
- Full catless straight piped, with resonators deleted and muffler deleted (sounds insane)
- Full exterior mods to take away from the grandpa spec
- I have a JB4 tune

Anyway, I started getting some codes when I read my codes and I got the code 20A211, and it said coolant pump 2 low, or something to that affect and I know I do not have leaks or any rock chips and I know there is nothing wrong with the pump because only under extreme load would it go limp mode and throw this code along with some misfires (well, I am changing the plugs and coils in a week and this is the first time from factory which I have 62K miles and that is about in the range), but that one code 20A211 through me off, well turns out the intercooler expansion tank was low by like 4", so I got some coolant and replaced it and it has ran great, but I wanted to ask anyone's opinion on why it did this and never told me to add more coolant? maybe because it needs to be under load? and it was only running a bit dry with all the mods and the HP gains. Any opinions here?
-
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 09:36 AM   #6
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Did you coat or wrap the downpipes? They put off a lot of heat. Keep an eye on the coolant level and consider flushing the coolant if you are unsure if it meets specs. Run the car in sport mode for a few miles but don't run it hard. This will allow the car to cool faster before being parked.

If you lost fluid and it isn't coming out the expansion tank or a hose then, in my mind, there is only one other pace for it to go, into the oil. If you haven't done an oil change yourself in a while then I'd make it a priority to do one soon to see if water made it into the oil/pan.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0