BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > M5 Classifieds > Members Classifieds

05-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #23
M5averick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I have received many messages about parting the car out. I'm selling the car, not parting it out. The car will be sold as a whole. I'm not going to mess with uninstalling, reinstalling, and taking a chance of breaking something in the process. Or even more importantly taking a chance that the tune might not properly work with changes to the intake system. Im not intimately familiar with all of it but either way... It's not worth the risk, hassle nor is it lucrative to do so. Sorry.

Asking Price is $45,000 now.
2013 F10 M5 - AMS Catless Downpipes - MSR Intakes and Charge Pipes - SSP Spec R carbon clutch w/ baskets - Vorsteiner V-FF 105 20" forged rims - 315 Toyo R888Rs - AWE Diamond Black Touring exhaust - DME TUNING Stage 3 tune - Cold Start Delete - CF Rear Diffuser, and CF eyelids.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #24
PerfM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Space, E92 M3 Techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5averick View Post
I have received many messages about parting the car out. I'm selling the car, not parting it out. The car will be sold as a whole. I'm not going to mess with uninstalling, reinstalling, and taking a chance of breaking something in the process. Or even more importantly taking a chance that the tune might not properly work with changes to the intake system. Im not intimately familiar with all of it but either way... It's not worth the risk, hassle nor is it lucrative to do so. Sorry.

I see you bumping this over and over. Please take a minute to reconsider your approach. This is food for thought and in no way aimed to offend. Your car's NADA price is around $36K which is the source most banks will use to value the terms of the finance agreement. Some banks will allow up to 110% loan amount. Rendering your mod's useless in the transaction at 9K over assessed value. That is why you are getting so many requests to part out. If you go back to stock a "low" mile M5 is a low risk transaction for banks.

My recommendation is to remove the mods, go back to stock and sell it to Carmax.

Hope this helps... GLWS!
      05-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #25
M5averick
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfM5 View Post
Quote:

I see you bumping this over and over. Please take a minute to reconsider your approach. This is food for thought and in no way aimed to offend. Your car's NADA price is around $36K which is the source most banks will use to value the terms of the finance agreement. Some banks will allow up to 110% loan amount. Rendering your mod's useless in the transaction at 9K over assessed value. That is why you are getting so many requests to part out. If you go back to stock a "low" mile M5 is a low risk transaction for banks.

My recommendation is to remove the mods, go back to stock and sell it to Carmax.

Hope this helps... GLWS!
I appreciate the feedback and I'll keep that in consideration.

That said, I purchased this car for $55k, 2 years ago and have since put a few thousand more into upgrades on it. I purchased the car modified as I didn't want to mess with doing it myself. If you want a clean, reliable, low mileage, great condition, zero issue, heavily optioned and tastefully modded F10 M5 without them hassle (as I did) then someone will purchase it like this. Plus I do not have the stock parts, otherwise that might have been an option. That said I'm not sure swapping the intakes out is a good idea anyhow. Also, not everyone purchasing cars requires financing.

Again, I truly do appreciate the input and I'll keep all of this in mind. I've dropped the price significantly and I feel this is a good price. Hopefully the economy turns around and I move this. I need the space.
2013 F10 M5 - AMS Catless Downpipes - MSR Intakes and Charge Pipes - SSP Spec R carbon clutch w/ baskets - Vorsteiner V-FF 105 20" forged rims - 315 Toyo R888Rs - AWE Diamond Black Touring exhaust - DME TUNING Stage 3 tune - Cold Start Delete - CF Rear Diffuser, and CF eyelids.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 05:11 PM   #26
m5teven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 CP M5

Garage List
2015 BMW 528i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2015 BMW CP M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfM5 View Post
Quote:

Hope this helps... GLWS!
I appreciate the feedback and I'll keep that in consideration.

That said, I purchased this car for $55k, 2 years ago and have since put a few thousand more into upgrades on it. I purchased the car modified as I didn't want to mess with doing it myself. If you want a clean, reliable, low mileage, great condition, zero issue, heavily optioned and tastefully modded F10 M5 without them hassle (as I did) then someone will purchase it like this. Plus I do not have the stock parts, otherwise that might have been an option. That said I'm not sure swapping the intakes out is a good idea anyhow. Also, not everyone purchasing cars requires financing.

Again, I truly do appreciate the input and I'll keep all of this in mind. I've dropped the price significantly and I feel this is a good price. Hopefully the economy turns around and I move this. I need the space.
they're just trying to help brother. You're KBB private party value in very good condition is $29,950. The 2013 base model is the least sought after for sure even with your normal upgrades. It would be much easier to swap parts or even swap with cash on their end for your aftermarket and sell stock. if that's not possible for you then you need to try $38k and take the first $35k that's offered. It's not meant to offend you it's just the realistic market. I bought my heavily optioned 2015 Competition pack for $50k in March 2019 when they were $55k. it's tough to think you paid $55k for a 2013. there was definitely some premium on that for the mods.
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2020, 10:30 PM   #27
///M_life
Private
Rep
Drives: M6, X5

im more surprised the stock internals have held up with that kind of power, let rod bearings more specifically
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #28
m5teven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 CP M5

Garage List
2015 BMW 528i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2015 BMW CP M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3nsterm5 View Post
im more surprised the stock internals have held up with that kind of power, let rod bearings more specifically
original post claimed 690 to the wheels by previous owner. The 800 is more of a guesstimate from the OP of the current crank HP calculating 15% loss. These DCT have proven to lose less than 15% so hes probably looking at roughly 766 to the crank considering 10% loss. With all of that being said, if he were to dyno the car today at 690 wheel then your only worry is the clutch condition. Rods can go at anytime even with stock so in my opinion 690 is not that bad. Its 750+ WHEEL hp where things can get sketch. Meth helps.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #29
M5averick
Private
United_States
Rep

Price lowered to $43,000... obo

Best offer takes it!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #30
M5averick
Private
United_States
Rep

Even Lower...

Asking price is now $40,000 obo!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:30 PM   #31
M5averick
Private
United_States
Rep

SOLD
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5715.50