Rep
Drives: F10 M5

2013 F10 M5 New Engine, New Turbos, New Trans

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 44,000.00

Item Interest
Hello,

Looking to sell my 2013 M5. The car is in great condition. The car has 74,282 miles on the body, but has a new engine, new turbos, and new transmission. All three parts were changed at the same time at Mountain View of BMW. I have all the documents and receipts for the new owner. The car has been serviced by only BMW and have all the service records.

Below is a list of what the car has.

New engine - The engine was just replaced by Mountain View BMW because of a spun bearing by the dealership with a new factory engine. The engine comes with a 2 year unlimited miles warranty. Since the engine was replaced by BMW you can take it any BMW dealership to have any issues sorted under the warranty.

New turbos - Along with the engine both turbos have being replaced with new factory BMW turbos and have a BMW 2 year unlimited miles warranty.

New Transmission - The old transmission was replaced with a new BMW transmission and has a 2 year unlimited miles warranty.

Turner Muffler bypass exhaust

Tinted windows

Azurite Black Metallic in great condition.

Black leather interior

Brakes and rotors were replaced by the BMW 5K mile ago.

Tires have about 75% tread.

I recommend a PPI for the car before purchase. I can drive the car to any shop within 20 miles of zip code 94044. If purchased you will be breaking in a brand new engine and drivetrain. Please let me know if you have any questions about the car.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #2
M5f10rwd
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw m5

Hi, just curious was there an issue with the engine? Was this fixed via Warranty?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 10:33 PM   #3
M5DADdy
Registered
Rep

The car got a spun bearing right after I purchased the car. I was still under warranty so bmw replaced everything bmw factory parts. It like a new car.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
PerfM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Space, E92 M3 Techno

I first want to wish you the best of luck with selling this car. I'm chiming in because I recently lost my M3 due to a hit-n-run which had a drivetrain replacement with a factory fresh engine from Germany and a full repaint due to chemical issues while being painted at a factory certified body shop. Both of which were only considered a conditional value not for monitory value.

Strategically speaking if you're truly trying to sell this car then you need a better pricing strategy. Regardless of how much inherent value you may perceive in a new engine & trans, no financial institution will finance this car at around 38% over book value. In return no insurance company will insure the value either. Leaving about a $20K hit for someone to absorb. Put yourself in the buyer's shoes how much is the work worth, it it worth an entire cars value?

My advise is keep it and drive the daylights out of it. You now have sound of mind that this will go the distance... unlimited miles for 2 years!
      06-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #5
M5DADdy
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERFM3 View Post
I first want to wish you the best of luck with selling this car. I'm chiming in because I recently lost my M3 due to a hit-n-run which had a drivetrain replacement with a factory fresh engine from Germany and a full repaint due to chemical issues while being painted at a factory certified body shop. Both of which were only considered a conditional value not for monitory value.

Strategically speaking if you're truly trying to sell this car then you need a better pricing strategy. Regardless of how much inherent value you may perceive in a new engine & trans, no financial institution will finance this car at around 38% over book value. In return no insurance company will insure the value either. Leaving about a $20K hit for someone to absorb. Put yourself in the buyer's shoes how much is the work worth, it it worth an entire cars value?

My advise is keep it and drive the daylights out of it. You now have sound of mind that this will go the distance... unlimited miles for 2 years!
PerfM3, your 100% right, but I just have to try to sell it. Also its no different if you were going to purchase a modded F10 m5 like the white m5 that is listed on here. At least your going to get a BMW warranty. If it doesn’t sell, I’m going to drive the hell out of it.
Appreciate 0