M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
P0werEdge
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

BMW M5 Competition

Hey Guys, i own a f10 m5 competition and recently i had the half back exhausts changed at dealership because of faulty flaps making metal noise when opening and closing, now with functional flaps and brand new exhaust im even less satisfied with the sound, the only problem is i live in Germany a language i don't speak yet, so any fellow German could recommend some better sounding exhaust pipes that must be mandatory TÜV approved as police is all over us with sound meters and what not.

Thank you, much appreciated.
      09-23-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
core22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i / 911 C4S

Hi, if everything was replaced with Comp Pack parts, it could be that its just too new, and hasn't had carbon buildup yet, which could slightly affect the sound. Did you verify that what was replaced is the CP-specific version and not the regular? CP mufflers have 1 indented "dot" on them, whereas the standard have 3 indented dots. How far back was it replaced - asking as the resonators are different as well. They appear the same from the outside but inside the CP resonators are more of a straight through design.

Akra (M-Performance exhaust) and Eisenmann Sport are TUV approved I believe.

Past:
2013 911 C4S | 2019 X2 M35i | 2015 M5 Comp | 2013 M5 | 2013 640i | 2010 535xi | 2007 525xi

Last edited by core22; 09-23-2019 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
P0werEdge
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by core22 View Post
Hi, if everything was replaced with Comp Pack parts, it could be that its just too new, and hasn't had carbon buildup yet, which could slightly affect the sound. Did you verify that what was replaced is the CP-specific version and not the regular? CP mufflers have 1 indented "dot" on them, whereas the standard have 3 indented dots. How far back was it replaced - asking as the resonators are different as well. They appear the same from the outside but inside the CP resonators are more of a straight through design.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
The exhaust has been replaced with exact same part as before by vin so according to them is a competition exhaust, exhaust has been changed 1 month ago and its making really sad low sound noise

Thank you.