M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

06-28-2020, 05:09 AM   #1
nastypoker
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

What audio upgrade packages are there in the UK?

I am looking for an F10 M5 but the selection with B&O is minimal.

1. What actually is the history of options available in which years? I see standard, HK, B&O and BW sound systems.

2. I am a bit of an audiophile and like good sound. The HK in my 1 series was abysmal till I changed a bunch of components. I don't really want to do all the work myself this time round because although I like high quality sound, I am not good at setting things up but I can tell when something sounds wrong! Can anyone recommend a company in the UK that I could take a car with the standard or HK sound system to and they can just fit a proper amp, decent speakers and set it all up for me?

3. Can anyone give me any pointers on what actually needs upgrading on these cars? I haven't actually listened to any yet but as I said, I am no good at picking out the details in sound to determine what needs doing.
Appreciate 0