Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #23
danbk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SMB M6 Convertible

Update from the dealership:

They simply cannot help me. They drained the oil and found metal particles all around. I am guessing my rod bearings went bad and caused the complete seize. Only way I can get any help is from BMWNA directly, not through the local service BMW dealership. Spoke to the manager, and he said due to the fact warranty is out, it makes it much harder for him to get any approval. The oil pump recall cannot be determined as the reason unless I allow them to tear open the engine completely, and if they determine it was not, I have to pay thousands of dollars for a meaningless break down.

Anyone have any advice for who to email as far as corporate? Any specific email addresses? Phone calls don't work as it is just reps taking notes and basically telling me they don't know what to tell me. I have a lot of pointers I think BMW will consider but then again it all depends who I speak to. Someone also mentioned BMW CCA being able to assist me? I am honestly not too familiar with them.

Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #24
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #25
CAT
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sport

seized engine

Hi

I have a 2012 Z4. In 2016 my engine seized, the car had done 21,000 miles and had a full oil change 6 weeks previously by my local garage, Not BMW dealer, the dealership have blamed them for the problem but there was plenty of oil in the car and no warning lights etc. BMW refused to accept any responsibility!! We bought a bench tested engine 10,000k, 6 weeks ago the car broke down, loss of power, smoke pouring from under the bonnet. It is in the garage still waiting to hear the diagnosis. Car has now done 31000 miles! Heard that there is a problem with some BMW engines doing this despite having sufficient oil etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 11:44 PM   #26
JMD
MGySgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbk View Post
Update from the dealership:

They simply cannot help me. They drained the oil and found metal particles all around. I am guessing my rod bearings went bad and caused the complete seize. Only way I can get any help is from BMWNA directly, not through the local service BMW dealership. Spoke to the manager, and he said due to the fact warranty is out, it makes it much harder for him to get any approval. The oil pump recall cannot be determined as the reason unless I allow them to tear open the engine completely, and if they determine it was not, I have to pay thousands of dollars for a meaningless break down.

Anyone have any advice for who to email as far as corporate? Any specific email addresses? Phone calls don't work as it is just reps taking notes and basically telling me they don't know what to tell me. I have a lot of pointers I think BMW will consider but then again it all depends who I speak to. Someone also mentioned BMW CCA being able to assist me? I am honestly not too familiar with them.

Thank You.
I think I'd take the chance,....either way, you're going to be out "thousands of dollars"!

Sorry to hear your car failing... GL
      08-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Bad luck there,even an S63T engine cannot take race car type sudden down shift.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #28
Hanzo550
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i xdrive M Pkg

Garage List
Samething happen to me yesterday. Just had my valve stem done. So I'm hoping they cut me some slack as well. Left me stuck in the middle of the street. Smh
Appreciate 0