M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #45
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Yea I won't do it. But I'm sure all cars could benefit from a good tooth brushing.

Country run
Appreciate 1
Lerxst M4141.00
      06-11-2017, 04:40 AM   #46
Mkai0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Black

Boots, do you currently have aftermarket DPs, and what do you think of gutting stock cats for increased power and turbo response?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 04:58 AM   #47
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Hi. I use rpi dp and Rpi gtm straight pipes. I first had their gts exhaust w resonators before swapping out the rear section w straight pipes. The only way you'll know if you benefit from gutting it out is to pay before and after on someone Dyno. I'm not a fan as I'd rather have oem looking equipment. After you gut it out youll have to weld it back up. I can weld like any backyard person who been doing it for a few years but for me if I'm going to do something I'm going after proven gains. Go get a set of catless dp. Right now I'm sure a couple companies are cheap

Country run
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #48
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkai0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Well I finally made it to 100k on my 13 M5. So what I'm going to do is provide a small review. I bought my car December 2012 and soon after the mod bug started. The first thing I did was remove the charcoal filters and install a KN air filter. Soon after installed HR springs and then when it was the appropriate time after Dave Rpi M5 installed his catless downpipe's I installed mine with his advice. I put about 30 -40,000 miles using HR Springs and then decided to go KWV3 which was night and day difference and so much better. I did what everybody else did in the beginning by using a piggyback which we all know isn't good for your coils or plugs and then when a tune came out or what they call a tune I started off with one vendor and ended up with using Halim a.k.a. HCP. I've never had any issues with my interior of the car. Still looks fresh and smells fresh. No pillar arm noises or broken parts. I've only done 3 launch control starts when the car was brand new. No reason after that as it's a waste of my time and money. Car handles like a dream and I always enjoy the fit finish sound and power that the car has. I can race and beat many higher hp exotic cars as well as American big hp cars. Drop her pants down to 2nd and let her rip. After 85k miles I up the ante on power again and I've went from stock clutch to ssp when I was pushing 697hp and tq. But after finding out the clutch was installed wrong after burning it up I had another installed. The car had the same symptoms as the first and it burnt also. Pissed off I was I then went back to stock with a factory new already installed clutch pack and after 5k mikes zero issues of brutal driving. But before that I back my tune down to 610. All in all I'm so happy with my car and everyone who knows me know this car is still a dream to drive. If you guys take care of your car it will provide you with stress free driving. I've put new on turbos around 90k, change coils plugs all fluids. This weekend to celebrate I will go to some roads in San Antonio called the three sisters and enjoy the twisters. Safe driving you guys.

Boots
Boots, thanks for sharing. When I get back to Texas maybe we can meet up at three sisters.
We are going to have another sisters run soon. Are you in town for next month

Country run
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #49
Mkai0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Black

I won't be back in SA until Jan 2018. Still in Korea for now. We will definitely link up at some point!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #50
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Why did you replace the turbos, any issues?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 03:55 AM   #51
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

No issues at all. I was refreshing everything I could at the time because my car is a keeper.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #52
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

I'm now at 107k miles and still rocking it as hard as I was at day 1. I just need to refreshed my drivers seat and I'll be ok. I did a shit job on it long time ago but it's ok. Miner miner wear but I'm no pansey poser driver so when I'm in it I'm in it.

Country run
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #53
M5_Brandoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black sapphire M5

Boots beast still kicking and hurting feelings on them roads! keep it up.
      08-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #54
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Yes sir. Thanks. As soon as our storm is over here in Houston and the streets dry up I will be looking for another poor victim.

Country run
Appreciate 1
FSociety3807.00
      09-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #55
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes sir. Thanks. As soon as our storm is over here in Houston and the streets dry up I will be looking for another poor victim.
Glad you good!

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #56
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Quote:
Well I finally made it to 100k on my 13 M5. So what I'm going to do is provide a small review. I bought my car December 2012 and soon after the mod bug started. The first thing I did was remove the charcoal filters and install a KN air filter. Soon after installed HR springs and then when it was the appropriate time after Dave Rpi M5 installed his catless downpipe's I installed mine with his advice. I put about 30 -40,000 miles using HR Springs and then decided to go KWV3 which was night and day difference and so much better. I did what everybody else did in the beginning by using a piggyback which we all know isn't good for your coils or plugs and then when a tune came out or what they call a tune I started off with one vendor and ended up with using Halim a.k.a. HCP. I've never had any issues with my interior of the car. Still looks fresh and smells fresh. No pillar arm noises or broken parts. I've only done 3 launch control starts when the car was brand new. No reason after that as it's a waste of my time and money. Car handles like a dream and I always enjoy the fit finish sound and power that the car has. I can race and beat many higher hp exotic cars as well as American big hp cars. Drop her pants down to 2nd and let her rip. After 85k miles I up the ante on power again and I've went from stock clutch to ssp when I was pushing 697hp and tq. But after finding out the clutch was installed wrong after burning it up I had another installed. The car had the same symptoms as the first and it burnt also. Pissed off I was I then went back to stock with a factory new already installed clutch pack and after 5k mikes zero issues of brutal driving. But before that I back my tune down to 610. All in all I'm so happy with my car and everyone who knows me know this car is still a dream to drive. If you guys take care of your car it will provide you with stress free driving. I've put new on turbos around 90k, change coils plugs all fluids. This weekend to celebrate I will go to some roads in San Antonio called the three sisters and enjoy the twisters. Safe driving you guys.

Boots
This a great info. I intend to keep my car for a long haul, so it’s great to hear M5 can last up 100k miles.

Are you still running HPC tune?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #57
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Quote:
Glad you good!
Thanks my brother.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #58
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
Quote:

Boots
This a great info. I intend to keep my car for a long haul, so it’s great to hear M5 can last up 100k miles.

Are you still running HPC tune?
Yup still using that tune w no issues. I'm now at 119,000 as of today. Only thing I need to do to the car is fix the steering system as I have a slight play in it. So the rack n pinion system will be replaced. Other than that the car runs great and I'm still as happy with it as the day I bought it in 2012. Hope yours is running strong also.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #59
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Quote:
Yup still using that tune w no issues. I'm now at 119,000 as of today. Only thing I need to do to the car is fix the steering system as I have a slight play in it. So the rack n pinion system will be replaced. Other than that the car runs great and I'm still as happy with it as the day I bought it in 2012. Hope yours is running strong also.
I purchased my with 26k miles, so as of right now it runs strong. The car is still under warranty, thus I’m hesitant to get a tune as of right. I’ve been sifting through this forum looking for members’ experience with various tunes. I’m looking for a tune that would not cause trans issues, but it would add a little bit of umpf, especially in the lower end of RPMs.

Regarding your steering play, can you please describe it. My issue with steering is when the car parked with an engine on it has this slight delay in either direction before it engages steering pump.

Also, have you had any issues with diff mounts? I’ve read some horrible stories about m5 diff mounts issues, and frankly this scares me the most. When it snaps it can cause some serious problems.

Last edited by WickedBMW; 03-11-2018 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #60
bquicksilver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 - Alpine White CP

Boots, great review!

I'd like to hear a little more warranty detail as well. Any side eye at all on the mods?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #61
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I purchased my with 26k miles, so as of right now it runs strong. The car is still under warranty, thus I’m hesitant to get a tune as of right. I’ve been sifting through this forum looking for members’ experience with various tunes. I’m looking for a tune that would not cause trans issues, but it would add a little bit of umpf, especially in the lower end of RPMs.

Regarding your steering play, can you please describe it. My issue with steering is when the car parked with an engine on it has this slight delay in either direction before it engages steering pump.

Also, have you had any issues with diff mounts? I’ve read some horrible stories about m5 diff mounts issues, and frankly this scares me the most. When it snaps it can cause some serious problems.
Quote:
Quote:

I have a small amount of play in the steering before turning it left or right so I will replace my rack n pinion. I've never had issues with my diff but I'm not a red light racer. Maybe some who had issues push theirs from a dead stop. I don't do that. But I roll race a whole lot. Go ahead and get a tune and you'll be ok. If you plan on keeping your car go ahead and get it soon don't worry you'll be happy that you did and that you didn't wait

Country run
Appreciate 1
WickedBMW610.50
      03-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #62
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Bquicksilver thanks. the mods are in my sig but you can see them if your on a computer. For the Warrentee I bought bmw platinum 100k miles. You have to purchase it before the oem expires. I added the electrical and omitted the maintenance. I think mine was got 3 years. Cost wise I don't remember. I've had a piggy back when they first came out then a tune when they came out. I had no problems w the bmw Sa

Country run
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 06:29 PM   #63
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

I will be joining the 100k mile club at my next fill up. 2nd owner from 11k miles so 89k miles is all mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 09:39 PM   #64
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
I will be joining the 100k mile club at my next fill up. 2nd owner from 11k miles so 89k miles is all mine.
Nice. How has your ownership experience been Blaxwil? Any issues of note, or just routine/expected maintenance?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #65
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisterB View Post
Quote:
Nice. How has your ownership experience been Blaxwil? Any issues of note, or just routine/expected maintenance?
AlisterB it's been all routine maintenance. I've simply been a stickler on oil changes. I began the journey doing 10k mile interval oil changes at the dealer using 0W/30. Then started using liquid moly 5W/40 around the 60K mike mark but at 5k miles instead of 10K. Blackstone analysis on every change which has validated I'm spot on with the intervals at 5k miles.

No major issues. Been tuned stage 1 for 30k miles and now stage 1.5 for roughly 4 months. Performed 2 spark plug and coil replacements at 70k and 90k miles. Will do another one soon.

It gets driven every single day and always gets a proper warm up before going over 3500-4000 RPM. It's been a joy to own. Looking at a garage mate real soon. F90 (M5) or G15 (M8)
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #66
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Quote:
Well done man, worth opening a bottle of bubbly when it clicks over to six digits!
Thanks M5theonlyone I'm thinking of a nice wash, shined up and a good triple digit run just as she clicks over six digits.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58412.50