M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-27-2020, 12:37 PM   #67
M5ONYU
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Sorry to hijack this thread, when fitting the injectors, do you put the decoupling ring on the injector, then install?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #68
JoeKhoda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ONYU View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread, when fitting the injectors, do you put the decoupling ring on the injector, then install?
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #69
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15’ Xdrive 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKhoda View Post
Quote:
Yes.
[QUOTE=JoeKhoda;26845952]
Quote:
Yes.[/

Just had new injectors and plugs installed. Injectors were coded and afterwards all the codes cleared except this one. And the DTM light is on. Seemed like there was a rail pressure sensor unplugged. After plugging it in now car says bank mixture too rich and car dies after idling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 10:21 PM   #70
Boosted M5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 m5

[QUOTE=Speenybean;26848017]
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.[/

Just had new injectors and plugs installed. Injectors were coded and afterwards all the codes cleared except this one. And the DTM light is on. Seemed like there was a rail pressure sensor unplugged. After plugging it in now car says bank mixture too rich and car dies after idling.

Usually anything with "circuit short to positive" is a sensor connector left unplugged or soft connection meaning not all the way plugged in. Check your connections and check for the code. Sometimes it may take a few tries and make sure you hear the "click" from the connector.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 10:24 PM   #71
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=Boosted M5;26848210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speenybean View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.[/

Usually anything with "circuit short to positive" is a sensor connector left unplugged or soft connection meaning not all the way plugged in. Check your connections and check for the code. Sometimes it may take a few tries and make sure you hear the "click" from the connector.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.[/

Thank you for your help
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #72
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.[/

Update....Indy said he found another O2 sensor plugged not connected. After connecting he said the rough idle stopped and DTM light is off.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #73
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=Speenybean;26849578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted M5 View Post
Update....Indy said he found another O2 sensor plugged not connected. After connecting he said the rough idle stopped and DTM light is off.
Glad it's sorted hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 09:09 PM   #74
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26849895]
Quote:
Quote:
[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26849895]
Quote:
Quote:
All in all car is running well 🤞. What do u guys think of the labor price I was charged? Seems like final culprit was unconnected O2 sensor by FI.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 03:02 AM   #75
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=Speenybean;26852087][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26849895]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

All in all car is running well 🤞. What do u guys think of the labor price I was charged? Seems like final culprit was unconnected O2 sensor by FI.
It's under a grand so hey, reasons to be cheerful!
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2020, 05:50 AM   #76
technician117
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Seems like a good price to me. I'd charge something similar to do that work in my home garage for someone.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #77
M5ONYU
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Yes.
Did all of your decoupler rings come out with ease? I've seen a tool that's used to pull them out..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #78
JoeKhoda
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Did all of your decoupler rings come out with ease? I've seen a tool that's used to pull them out..
Not all of them. I used a 90 degree scribe to fish them out easily. I would not have been able to remove the injectors themselves without the special tool.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #79
JoeKhoda
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
Seems like a good price to me. I'd charge something similar to do that work in my home garage for someone.
Agreed, not a bad price at all! Would have been 2-3 times more at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #80
chuachinlian
Registered
Rep
Drives: f10

Hi JoeKhoda , did your error code 118111 manage to be solved?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #81
JoeKhoda
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuachinlian View Post
Hi JoeKhoda , did your error code 118111 manage to be solved?
Yes. So far so good!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 08:29 PM   #82
chuachinlian
Registered
Rep
Drives: f10

JoeKhoda What is your solution for 118111? only injectors replacement? mine giving same error after stage 2 bm3 tune.. and running catless downpipe
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #83
JoeKhoda
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuachinlian View Post
JoeKhoda What is your solution for 118111? only injectors replacement? mine giving same error after stage 2 bm3 tune.. and running catless downpipe
The solution for me was injectors. There are multiple reasons why you have a mixture rich fault. All it means is you're 25-30% more rich on bank 2 vs bank 1.

That being said, start with removing spark plugs and inspecting them. If there is any hint of fuel, replace injectors. (Possibly under warranty if you're in the US). BMW lists a fault tree for things to inspect or replace prior to injectors. Depending on your mileage, it might be worth replacing as preventative maintenance. Things like MAFs, O2s, cleaning throttle bodies, evap purge solenoids, smoke test, compression test etc.

Check here for an example.
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...EANQAzADAANAA=

Keep in mind that bank 2 doesn't always mean that side of the engine due to the cross bank exhaust manifold. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more explanation.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #84
assultlonewolf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Just got my 2013 M5 with 51k miles completely stock 1 owner. looks like it was garage kept, and service completed by BMW regularly its whole life. i was getting ready to add catless downpipes, and cold air intakes. i figured while i was in there i would replace spark plugs and ignition coils. im trying to decide if i replace fuel injectors while im in there as a preventative thing or just wait until something fails. is it worth doing now or save the money?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 01:41 AM   #85
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by assultlonewolf View Post
Just got my 2013 M5 with 51k miles completely stock 1 owner. looks like it was garage kept, and service completed by BMW regularly its whole life. i was getting ready to add catless downpipes, and cold air intakes. i figured while i was in there i would replace spark plugs and ignition coils. im trying to decide if i replace fuel injectors while im in there as a preventative thing or just wait until something fails. is it worth doing now or save the money?
i replaced mine at 60k km thats around 38k miles, i was have bank 2 rich and little ticking sound from the exhaust, was leaky injectors, so changed all my injectors and engine oil.